roomates

originally posted on ao3

not a request

When Dream streams, which is now rare, he always shares stories about this mysterious person. It's always the same person too, but Dream talks about all of these ridiculous stories that had happened with him and them. Obviously, no one knew who this person was. This was evident in the way that they were addressed as Mystery

The only people who know this mystery person are Drista and Dream. Everyone found out that Drista knew through the live stream that she did with Tommy.

"I know this one person that Dream is really close with." Drista starts. Tommy looks up at his camera with a confused expression. "Person?" Tommy asks. Drista hums and continues. "Yeah, they get into the weirdest and most absurd situations ever. There was this one time when they entered the bathroom only to see this person dressed as a spider dancing on the sinks."

Drista pauses and Tommy erupts in laughter. "What the fuck!" Tommy shouts. Drista laughs and Dream's voice is heard behind her.

"That's a story I forgot to tell about Mystery!" Dream shouts. Tommy and Drista continue to laugh as Tommy's chat goes crazy.

Yo wait Mystery?

I mean, of course Drista knows you guys

AHA POG CHAMP

Tommy looks over to his chat and reads. "Wait, you know Mystery?" Tommy asks. Drista scoffs. "Of course I know them. They're amazing."

From another room, you are watching Tommy's live. You hear the familiar voice of Drista and you scoff, stretching and standing up. You walk out of your room and head into Dream's streaming room.

Dream and Drista look at you, Drista pausing in her sentence. "You were talking about me?" You ask out loud. You glance down at your phone to see that Tommy's chat was going wild, this being the first time you ever spoke on stream.

"Hello Mystery." You look over at Dream and roll your eyes. "Can I just use my real name?" Dream and Drista shake their heads. "No, you have to keep it. Unless you change your nickname to something that starts with a d." You crinkle your nose.

"Sorry, but no. I'll stick with Mystery." Dream shrugs and walks over to you, pulling his chair. "Here, you can go talk to the stream."

You nod and sit next to Drista who was already talking with Tommy again. She waves at you as she's mid sentence and looks back to her screen. You lean and watch her play MInecraft, occasionally talking to her.

"Hey Drista?" Tommy asks. "Yes, what is it child?" Tommy starts to yell and Drista laughs. "Sorry sorry, go ahead." Tommy sighs.

"Tell Mystery to tell another insane story. The chat wants it." Drista sighs and calls Dream over. "Can you take it out of the headphone jack?" Dream does so and the whole room is suddenly blasted with Minecraft sounds and Tommy laughing.

"Yes Tommy?" You ask. Tommy snickers before speaking. "Can you tell the chat another story? One that you haven't told the chat before." You hum before looking at Dream. You burst into laughter.

"Oh no what's the story?" Dream asks exasperated. You giggle and lean into the microphone. "I wasn't in anything during high school and Dream was obviously doing online school. So one time, I invited him to the homecoming football game because he likes football right?" You hear Dream groan behind you and you continue.

"So, it's half time and Dream leaves to go to the bathroom. I also leave to get some snacks at the food table when this random person I don't know comes up to me, asking for my phone number." Tommy whistles a low whistle and you continue. "So I'm in a situation. But Dream comes up from behind the guy in my school's school mascot costume which is an alligator." Tommy bursts into laughter and Dream groans even more.

"The guy runs away scared and I ask Dream how he got the alligator suit. He tells me that the original person was in the bathroom and they had taken off the entire costume in there. So Dream thinks to steal it and he does. We end up running away from the game with Dream still in the costume and we leave to find the nearest Taco Bell." By that time, everyone's laughing.

"Actually, I think we still have the suit." Dream yells. "No! We are not looking for the suit!" You laugh and run out the room to look for it. Dream bounds after you and Drista is left in the streaming room. It's quiet before Tommy whispers, going through the speakers.

"Say, is Dream's pc logged into Twitter?"

(it was)