Chapter 7

"All i did was ask a question." Dixie says to Noah as he was getting ready to walk out the door. He didn't wanna fight and hated arguing with her but he didn't like the fact that she was questioning him while being out with his friends. 

"I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you dixie, I'm sick of this shit honestly. You're on my ass for what? I did nothing" he says, turning around see that she was getting ready to cry.

-
I didn't want this relationship to be toxic and it's just starting to seem that way with the amount of times we've been fighting. I know she has trust issues but she doesn't have to worry about me, she should know how much I love her and would never hurt her.

"Well I'm sorry okay, all I wanted to know is what happened while you where  out. Who were the girls and why the fuck you weren't answering my calls the whole time." She says, as her lip quivered. Tears slowly started to fall from her cheeks.

I sighed, rubbing my hands against my face. 

"I didn't know them, they were some of Josh's friends. I didn't even talk to them, look I'm sorry for not answering your phone calls and text messages, I was just busy with everything but that gives me no excuse to call back to make sure you were okay. But baby, I need you to understand that I'm not your past okay, I will never cheat on you or hurt you. You're the only one I have eyes for and the only I care about. I know he hurt you and you had bad experience with boys in the past but I'm not them.

I say to her as she started to cry more.

"The way you flipped out on me when I walked through that door startled me, I was so confused. Wondering what I did wrong and than when you told me that honestly hurt me." I say.

She slowly looked up at me, wiping away her tears as she kept trying to catch her breath.

"Noah, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have spoke to you like that, and you're right I should've just called you or talked to you calmly about what was on my mind instead of believing rumors or letting my deep thoughts act out. I hope you accept my apology because it's sincere." She said as I believed her.

I couldn't stay mad at her. The way she looked at me just made me wanna forget all this happened.

"Dixie you know I don't hold your mistakes over you but if you're ever thinking about something and you need to talk to me about it, make sure you just come to me okay. Aren't I good to you? I love you more than anything else in life.

Dixie POV
Noah is so sweet and gentle with me, it hurts me knowing I took him for granted and started blaming him for things he didn't do. It's just this isn't so easy, being in love. Specially after getting out of a toxic relationship, always predicting that you're getting cheated on or having those thoughts that maybe he doesn't love you anymore and it ends up coming true.

"Sorry it's just that, this isn't easy you know. Knowing I-.." he cut me off.

"See that's your problem right there. How many times do I have to tell you I'm not them? How many times do I have to tell you that I'm always here. You're with me because I make you feel ways the others couldn't I'm with you because you wanted me. If my love for you don't show that I'm not like your past than I don't know what else I can do Dixie. I would do anything for you."

He was so right. I can't keep letting me past reflect on the good things that's happening with me now. I gotta keep reminding myself that he was the one to help me get through everything and was the one to help me out of my depression.

"I'm sorry Noah, I'm so so sorry. Please forgive me, I'm so so sorry. I say over and over again as my tears increased it was nothing more to be said but sorry at this point. I felt like I've been such a bitch towards him.