1- cunts

Chapter one:

poppy pov

One week ago:

At first when I woke up in the hospital all I could see was this bright light over my head, which seems dramatic to be completely honest, but in the hospital you can clearly tell they don't use warm, natural tone light bulbs. And if I didn't already have a major concussion and a pounding head from my head slamming down to the dash during the crash, I would've at least gotten a headache from the lights obscuring my vision, which would be pretty handy, as then I wouldn't have to realize a pretty terrifying thought.

I didn't know where I was, I remember the crash, but only seconds before i blacked out, and it was all blurry anyways. I don't remember the three days leading up to it. I knew I remembered the fourth day before, because it was Toby's birthday. I threw him a massive party for his 4th birthday, and no one other than dad and Luke came. I distinctly remember it being half past 11 at night and I was in my room in the attic calling up Sebastian, Ethan and Ryan in floods of tears whispering-screaming (you know the thing) at them for not showing up to their own brothers birthday party.

I then called the 3 mothers of Toby's so called 'best friends' and sobbed to each of them about how upset Toby was because they didn't turn up and they weren't very sympathetic -I'm pretty sure i rang them five times before they answers, and they were probably asleep- which was expected. Yet I still stayed on the call with them for about 20 minutes each, because I'd been comforting a heartbroken Toby who just could not stop wailing for the two hours previous.

I was positively furious at them, although I'd never admit it to them. I'd prepared so much food, blown up balloons, and tried to make it special as I knew how much Toby had waited to have all his brothers together with him again. Toby had opened his present from me at the bright and early time of 6am. I'd got dad to wake up at 7, and then we played games until 2pm, when the guests were meant to arrive. And then they didn't. And we waited, and they still didn't.

Toby was standing clutching his little dinosaur cuddly toy I'd given him that morning, sitting on the table laid for 9 people, all on his own with a tearful, yet heartbreakingly hopeful smile on his face, for about 6 hours, despite my best efforts to cheer him up. Before I made him start getting ready for bed. And that was when he had the breakdown. I didn't blame him, and my heart broke for him so much I think I cried myself. Then after a couple hours of me playing with his vast array of cuddly dinosaurs I tucked him into bed on the second floor and went up to the attic, where my room was, to make the calls.

So imagine my absolute delight when I have a little crash and wake up in the hospital to find all of my brothers there. Can you imagine what the first thing I'd say to them was? Can you even imagine how furious I was. Livid. So you can't come to Toby's fourth birthday but you can make it to the hospital after I have a little dink to my head.

Some brothers.

We used to be as close to each other as peas in a pod. And then they all moved out, or moved together, or moved away. And we barely saw each other even more, despite me thinking they loved me. Wow.  And it hurt Toby more.

"Where's Ryan" he'd say with tears in his eyes after Ryan forgot the playdate we arranged.

"Where's Seb? Where's Ethan?" the next week, and the week after.

So what do you think the first thing i said to them was? Well, the doctors didn't really know how much pain I was in, so they kind of dosed me up with morphine as I was waking up. I mean, it didn't work, so my head was still pounding, but apparently it affected my speech. So as I opened my eyes for the second time and adjusted to the lights once more. I kind of forgot about my missing memories. But I saw all of my brothers and my father standing in the room with two nurses. All of them looking down on me, and I, the girl who had never sworn in front of anyone except my two best friends, looked up at them in disgust, and said:

"Toby turned four and only hugged three people... one of them was a fucking di- dina- dinor- dinosaur! Y-you-" i had to catch my breath, and I coughed a little bit, but made a swift recovery.   "cu- cunts"

And then I passed out again. 

a/n: *this is just a little starter, with 994 words, the chapter will get longer and the story will develop more, but i need to set the scene first, hope you enjoy the first chapter :)*