Chapter 4

"Well done Chris, it turns out the Alexia's work wasn't much of anything. So now the only thing left is revenge and to take Scarlett with me." Wesker said and Scarlett tensed, there was no way she was going to go with him willingly. She had been hiding from Umbrella since she had escaped from Raccoon city and that wasn't going to change now. 

 "Let her go Wesker. You don't want Claire." Chris said and Scarlett tried to inch closer so she could get Claire away from him. 

  "Fine." Wesker said before shoving Claire forward away from him and Chris ran to her. Scarlett wasn't fast enough to dodge him when he grabbed her and yanked her into his chest, his arm across hers and pinning her arms there. 

"Let me go!" She snarled struggling against Wesker as he held her. 

  "Today is a good day I came for Alexia but killing you Chris and getting Scarlett is far better." Wesker said ignoring her only to have Scarlett bring her head back and hit him in the neck and chin hard enough that his grip loosened enough that she was able to get away from him and kick him back as she moved to stand next to Chris in front or Claire.

  "Sorry to disappoint but Alexia is gone." Chris said as he glared at Wesker who rubbed his chin as he watched Scarlett from behind his sunglasses. 

   "That no longer concerns me, I have Steve to work with and soon Scarlett as well." Wesker said back making Claire question him about Steve.

 "Like hell I'm going anywhere with you. You're the reason I'm like this." Scarlett hissed crossing her arms over her chest and watching him, waiting for him to make his move. 

  "In Steve's body there's still a living T-Alexia Virus, or I could just take it from Scarlett. But Steve should be a good specimen maybe he'll come back alive just as I did and be able to see your sister again." Wesker said and Scarlett sighed, she was growing tired of hearing this man talk. She knew that once she would have listened to anything he said but he had betrayed her and those memories of when she was fond of him we trapped deep within her mind.

He continued talking and Chris had to keep Claire from attacking Wesker and Wesker said his men had already taken Steve. Chris told Claire to leave, not bothering to try telling Scarlett to leave because he knew she wouldn't listen. 

  Wesker dropped his sunglasses on the ground as he advanced toward Chris and Scarlett. The pair backed away and Chris grabbed a pipe and began hitting Wesker while Scarlett pulled her knife and advanced as Wesker put his arm up stopping the pipe and bending it when it hit him. He grabbed the pipe from Chris and kicked Chris sending him flying back. 

  "You asshole!" She hissed as she lunged for him, slashing at him with her knife. She cut his face before he grabbed her wrist to try and disarm her like last time but she let go of the knife letting it drop before catching it with her other hand and stabbing him in the side. 

  He cried out but managed to knock the knife from her hand and hit her hard enough in the chest that it sent her flying back and she hit the ground on her back. The breath knocked from her lungs and her head smacked the concrete ground harshly making her vison dim.

Wesker laughed as he stalked toward Chris and the building shook. Chris got to his feet and Wesker began punching him. Scarlett struggled to catch her breath as she forced herself to her feet and Wesker continued to pummel Chris who was stumbling and bleeding. 

  "Sure I'm not human anymore but just look at the power I've gained." He taunted with his arms outstretched before he upper cutted Chris making him land on his back as he laughed. Scarlett grabbed her knife and put it back in its sheath before she lunged for Wesker again and they began fighting faster than Chris's eyes could track.