Part -1

(If you've seen my other works, I'm not the best at writing so bear with me)

(All art and media shown belong to the original creators)

You wake up on a cold metal-feeling bed with nothing but a bed sheet beneath you and a rough pillow supporting your head. For a moment your disoriented blinking up at the gray ceiling in confusion. Your throat is dry and your entire body feels numb, like it's completely asleep, but when you move slightly nothing seems out of the ordinary. You cough, hoping to relieve the tickle in the back of your throat, then slowly you sit up, your neck stiff. And when you look down, you realize that you're dressed in an ugly white shirt and pants that look like they belong in a crazy house.

Glancing around, your heart sinks as you realize that perhaps that was exactly where you were; the small gray room was empty save for a sink and toilet, while the surrounding walls are made completely of some sort of cement. The main wall is simply a barred door.
The worst part, though, is that you can't recall anything. Not your family, your past, even your own name.

You: "Huh. Maybe since I can't dredge up any memories, it's not too strange that I'm shut in what seems to be an asylum."

You investigate the room, which proves to be rather useless, and then you go to the bars to peer out into the shadowed halls thinking to yourself hard.

Eventually what appears to be a guard comes to your room, or cell, whatever it's supposed to be.

You: "There's been a mistake,"

You say to him as he handcuffs you and takes you by the arm, ushering you out of your cell and into the poorly lit hallway.

You: "I can't remember-"

Guard: "Yeah, yeah, I've heard all about your little word games,"

The guard scoffs, rolling his eyes, and you think his grip on his gun may even tighten some.

Guard: "If I don't let you talk, then you can't screw with my head. Too simple."

You're taken aback, so you try again.

You: "But I-"

The gun is suddenly pointed at your head, and the guard glares at you as if daring you to continue. It's not a dare you're willing to take, so you just swallow and look down at your feet. A second later, he's pushing you along again. The hallway is rather long.

You try to converse with him once more, this time in a friendly manner, and even joke around about the decor of this place the guard snaps at you to shut the hell up but it doesn't quite faze you until he threatens you with three days with solitary confinement.

At last the guard opens the locked door at the end of the hall, leading you into a series of corridors. He takes one path, forcing you along with him, and then enters a small white room. You follow, looking around. It appears to be an office. A man stands up from the desk, giving you a brisk nod.

Aaron: "Y/N L/N. Hello. My name is Aaron Cash."

You blink, eyeing him warily. Was Y/N L/N really your name? How did this Aaron know your name, but you didn't?

Aaron: "It's time for your first session,"

Aaron Cash continues, not unkindly.

Aaron: "May I ask how you're settling in at Arkham?"

You open your mouth to respond, but the guard who'd brought you immediately cuts you off.

Guard: "Sir, with all due respect, this is Y/N. You know, 'The Phantom'?"