NXBB Part 9

After dinner, Seonghwa suggested for Hongjoong to sleep in guest room but his mother thought Hongjoong should sleep in the same room as him.

She said it was rare for a friend to sleep over at his house. It should be memorable as they will share and sleeping in the same room.

In the end Seonghwa lose and he will sleep with Hongjoong in the same room. Not sure if he will sleep in the same bed too. (• ▽ •)

-------

After dinner.

“Hongjoong, you didn't need to help! You're a guest! Go take a bath.” Mrs. Park frowned when saw Hongjoong washes the dishes. She also feel happy and blessed for Hongjoong kindness.

“This just a little. You serve me with such delicious dinner take this as my gratitude.” Hongjoong replied with a sweet smile. Mrs. Park grinned. She take a chair a sit behind Hongjoong. “Joongie. Can I tell you something?”

“Yeah?”

“I still remember about your promise to Seonghwa. About marrying him.” Hongjoong halted. He also remember them but those was when they were younger, maybe Mrs. Park think of it as childish promise.

“Hm...” Hongjoong hummed. “Promise is a promise. I approve both of you to be in relationship.” Hongjoong turned his head with a shocked face.

Mrs. Park curved a soft smile. “Few years ago, Seonghwa almost drowned in the lake at my hometown. After that he come down with a bad fever.”

Hongjoong stopped his working and listening to Mrs. Park stories.

“At the same time, my brother came back with his boyfriend.”

Hongjoong raise his eyebrows. Mrs. Park chuckled. She pulled a chair and asking Hongjoong to sit beside her.

“He asking permission to approve his boyfriend as family. My father furious when he heard those words. He raged and start to throw everything.

My brother was ready to flew when his boyfriend kneeled infront of my father. He apologized for disturbing the situation and sincerely said he loves my brother so much. They can't have a child but they can adopt one.

My brother kneeled together with him. Apologize for all trouble and inconvenience he made all this time. They loved each other and wanted to be together. It's beautiful isn't?”

Hongjoong nodded. It's indeed beautiful, to be with someone you loved dearly.

“My father asked them to stay a night. He discussing this matter with us siblings. Seonghwa was next door. Somehow he heard every negative words my father has for a same sex relationship.

Due to fever he forgot the memory with you. Then, he hate same sex relationship because it was influenced by his grandfather. I'm sorry for not keep the promise.”

Mrs. Park bowed. Hongjoong panicked. “No! No! It's fine. It has been a long time since that promise. I still remember it. I still hoping for it. But I can't change someone heart. If Seonghwa hate me then he hates me. We weren't friends to begin with there's nothing to apologize.”

Mrs. Park looked at Hongjoong. She furrowed her eyebrows. “Not a friend?” Hongjoong slowly nodded.
“He just teaching me, nothing more.”
Mrs. Park clenched her fist.

“Are you okay with just that?” Hongjoong titled his head, not understand. “Isn't painful to be with someone you love and knowing they hate you?” Mrs. Park stared right into Hongjoong's eyes. His heart tighten.

Hongjoong looked at the floor. “It's indeed hurt. I need to keep this to myself, since it's unrequited love. We are nothing more than two guys hanging out to study. This will end in less than two months. I don't deserve his love though. It's impossible.” Hongjoong's tears slowly flowed out from his eyes.