Chapter 1: Karen

I waited patiently in my seat, scanning all the people coming from GATE 6 for a girl with golden curls and dimples as deep as the ocean. Every few minutes id look down at my phone.

"3:38pm, why is she so late?"

This routine wasn't new to me. For 3 years I have been in and out of airports, waiting for my fiancé to get back from her business trips. Wilde Arts Modeling Agency has her booked once, sometimes twice a week in cities beyond ours.

Karen will leave anywhere from 4 days to 2 weeks, it wasn't easy but she was definitely worth it.

I stared into space, tracing back my memory to the moment i first met Karen.
It was our freshman year in high school, we had Algebra together and I always needed a tutor, so I asked her to come over since she was the smarted girl in class. We'd get sidetracked from our homework and end up talking about things we like, and what we want to be.

"I plan on getting signed to a modeling agency once I graduate, but as a plan B if want to do something to help others, a nurse maybe." She thought.

"Well I on the other hand want to be a teacher, and then a principle! Maybe even have a school with my name." She laughed at how serious I was being.

Those weekly tutoring sessions turned into sleepovers on weekends and daily hang outs, and our friendship became stronger and stronger.
Our junior year, Karen FINALLY confessed her love for me. I was relieved, because I sure wasn't gonna be the one to risk ruining our friendship. I agreed, and said I secretly felt the same. We promised no matter what happens in our relationship, we will always remain bestfriend, and we've been inseparable ever since.

After what seemed a lifetime, I hear a distant voice yelling "Lorena, Lorena!" I looked around and saw Karen struggling to run with her luggage being dragged right beside her. Her smile was so bright and beautiful, these were always my favorite moment.

"Baby! I missed you!" I took her luggage from her hand and wrapped my other arm around her, giving her a big kiss. "How'd it go? Did you have fun?"

"It was amazing! I've never been to California! My boss Elena took me and the other three models who were shooting with me down to the beach for a few hours last night then we went back to our hotels and packed to come home today. It was exhausting, im so glad I'm back"

Karen's eyes always glowed in excitement when she'd talk about her trips and i couldn't help but smile.

"Im glad you had fun baby, I've missed you like crazy! My days are always so boring without you, just going to campus for 8 hours then back home 😩"

"Well im here now, and im here for the next two weeks! I got the week off and I have so much planned for us, i can't wait!"