Chapter 4

(Y/N)

It was past 6pm and I'm still cramming to finish my reviewer because I was too occupied on drawing him, and my pinky is starting to hurt.

"Hey!" The librarian called, "The library is closing in 15 minutes."

"Y-Yes! I'll finish as soon as possible!"

The last letter was written on her notes. Whoo! I'm done! I quickly gathered my notebooks and pencils in my bag, returned the borrowed books, and did a little stretch. Then, I caught sight of something under the table. It was a yellow gampus notebook.

I picked it up and turned the pages where I was greeted by clean and decent handwriting. It was a little bland but everything was kept simple. All the notes are fairly organized with a proper writing format and different colored pens on each page, far from my notes that are full of highlighters and drawings. The back was clean too, but a name was written there.

"Tsukishima... Hotaru?* No, this is Tsukishima Kei!"

Realizing who's notebook is this, I looked left and right, hoping a sign that he'll come back for this, but it was already 35 minutes since he left the library, and the librarian was preparing to close the building! I ran out of the library to avoid being accidentally locked up inside.

"He doesn't seem the one to always leave things accidentally but here's his notebook! What am I supposed to do with this?"I sighed and contemplated while walking away from the library.

Did he not check his things right after he got home?! That's stupid! Should I wait for him to come back? No, it's cold and it doesn't seem like he'll realize he left his notebook any sooner. So, what do I do?

Eh, what am I thinking? It's just a notebook and it's not my business, might as well leave this in lost and found but the whole building is closed now and the guards are out for dinner. It won't hurt to not do anything, right? I have my own circumstances to take care of. Besides, I barely know him. He's just a stranger but I'm sure he'll be fine. He isn't stupid and he's a diligent student at that, so maybe he doesn't need this. He memorized everything he needs to know for his exams in one sitting. Yes, that's possible...

"OF COURSE NOT, WHO THE HECK DOES THAT?!" I blurted out in the middle of a quiet street where everyone looked at me, "S-Sorry..."

"Wait, exams... Didn't he mention that he's taking entrance examinations in Karasuno?" My eyes widened. Oh, shoot.

I panicked in his stead. This notebook must be his reviewer and he's about to take a test without reviewing this! That's a disaster! And I have no idea when is that! His exams could be in 3 days from now, maybe next week. He could go back here if that's the case, but what if it's scheduled tomorrow? Especially tomorrow morning?! He and I won't make it!

He definitely needs this! Why the hell am I the one getting stressed?!

I don't know where exactly he lives, but I followed him on his way home once, so I figured out that we must be in the same neighborhood. I checked at the nameplates of the houses and went a little far from my address but no one bears the surname Tsukishima. I might've missed some areas that are particularly dark and unfamiliar. It's hard to search when the only source of light is the moon and a couple of street lamps.

I was about to turn left but I saw seven stray dogs glaring at me and slowly walking towards me. Terrified, I walked backward and tried to shoo them away but they snarled, "Hey, e-easy... I-I'll go home so please stay there and be a good boy..."

The dogs didn't listen and barked at me, so I shrieked, "P-PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!" I picked up a pebble, threw it at them, and ran away. Their barks became louder and I heard a number chasing me! Do I look that suspicious that they want to tear me apart?!