Glover

Skyrim has always been a familiar place to me. Where I was born and raised with my brother. Growing up, we didn't have much, so we stole. When I was 18 and Delvin was 20, Mercer recruited us to the Thieves Guild. We had already left our parents' house and needed work. After a few years, we had become some of the highest ranking members in the Guild. But one job changed it for me.
I was crawling through the mud and fending off mudcrabs (in the dark, I might add) on my way to a little cabin in the middle of nowhere.
"This has got to be he easiest job Mercer has ever given me! I can rob this place in no time!" I mumbled to myself. The thought made me smile, though I wondered what could possibly be of use in this tiny house.
As I entered the house, I made sure there was no one awake.
All clear.
I wandered around and I finally came across the cellar door.
Mercer said I would know what to steal when I got downstairs, I guess there is nothing left to do but go down there. I thought as I opened the trap door.
______________________________________
The cellar was actually quite large.
How am I supposed to find what I'm looking for?
After about 45 minutes of sneaking around, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. It was a woman bound in chains!
"What the hell?" I unfortunately said out loud.
She started to try and yell, but her mouth was gagged.
"Shhh! Calm down!"
Why would Mercer want her?
The only thing really left for me to do was take her to Mercer.
_____________________________________
I stormed into the Cistern with the woman in my arms.
"Mercer! What is this? Why did you steal a woman? What is even happe-"
"Calm down, Glover. She is an important asset." Mercer told me.
"What do you mean 'asset?' You can't just go around and tie women- or for that matter people- up! Are you going to hurt her?" I yelled/asked.
"That depends if she complies or not."
"I really don't like the sound of that." I told him.
"Well, that doesn't matter, does it? I am your boss. Gallus left before you got here on a job, and he left me in charge."
"What about Karliah?"
"She went with him." he said with a smirk. "Now go continue training the whelp."
"That Brynjolf can't steal! He's too loud and-"
"Now, now, Glover. Gallus saw potential in him. I am sure that you will respect his decision."
"Fine. Where is he?" I asked, frowning.
"In the back, practicing picking the locks on those chests."
"Alright, I'll go see the kid." I said with a sigh.
This Brynjolf was a new recruit with the Guild. I still didn't get what Gallus saw in him. I didn't think that he had potential either, but I was willing to trust Gallus. For now.
"Hey, kiddo!" I said, approaching little Brynjolf, who had a frustrated look on his face. "What's the problem?"
"I can't get these locks to open!" he squealed. I sure hoped that when he hit puberty that little accent of his would get deeper and less annoying. (little did I know, my wish would come true.)
"You don't have to get frustrated, boy. Give it here." I said, reaching for the pick.
I picked the lock easily.
"How come you can do it so easily? I don't get it." Brynjolf said, visibly sad.
"Don't worry, kiddo. Tomorrow morning, Delvin will come down and help you. Why don't you just get some sleep?"
"Why can't you help me?" Brynjolf asked.
"I, uh, well... Delvin's better at it than me." I said nervously. Little did he know that I would be gone by the morning.
I have to get that mystery girl out of here. To safety. I thought.
____________________________________
Once everyone went to sleep, I crawled into the back, where they were storing the girl. I shook her awake and immediately covered her mouth.
"Don't scream, I am here to rescue you." I whispered. "Wait here."
I peeked out the door to see if anyone was up.
"The coast is clear." I said, motioning her closer.
As we crawled out, I heard someone move in their bed. I stopped dead in my tracks and prayed to the divines that whoever moved wouldn't get up. And my wish was luckily granted.
We slipped out into the cemetery, making sure the guards didn't see us exit.
"Alright, lass. First you are going to tell me who you are and why Mercer needs you, and if you don't I am walking you right back in there." I whisper/screamed.
"All right, all right. My name is Rosanna. I am from High Rock and I know where some jewels are-"
"Mercer only needs you for jewels? What would a beautiful woman like you-"
Oops.
"I, uh, mean, a woman like you, um." I stuttered.
"Well," she said, smiling, "These jewels are worth 100,000 septims."
"Holy mother of Talos? Are you kidding?" I almost screamed.
"Well, they are my great-grandfather's jewels, so-"
"Wait. You are telling me you are Breton nobility?" I asked, bewildered. "Why would you be willing to give up your family's jewels?"
"I'm not. That's why I needed to be captured. I said no to Mercer, and he got a little mad. He sent someone to tie me up and you to do the rest." she told me.
"Well, I'm glad I rescued you." I said, relieved. "Mercer would have hurt you."
"I know. I am grateful that a handsome man like you would rescue me. You're like my night in leather armor." she said, still smiling.
"Oh, uh, thanks." I mumbled, pleased. "Well, I guess the only thing left to do now is leave Riften. Maybe even leave Skyrim."
"I can't go back to High Rock, they think I was going to give up the jewels."
"Actually, I know a place. First, we need to go to Mor Khazgur."
"Mor Khazgur? Like the Orc Stronghold?" she asked skeptically.
"Yes. We can get a ride on the carriage. Let's go."
I had made friends at Mor Khazgur because of my smithing skills. They respected a man who had as much talent as their race in smithing. After, all, orcs were the best blacksmiths in all of Tamriel. They had told me if I needed anything, go to any of the strongholds and request help. What we needed was a secluded house, and we sure had a long journey ahead of us.