i. triple shot vs caramel

arabella stood in the middle of an lax terminal in a huff

arabella stood in the middle of an lax terminal in a huff. it was currently 4:14am in los angeles, california - meaning the brunette girl had been awake for the past 28 hours. while standing in the middle of the airport like a lost puppy dog, arabella sighed heavily once she realized that she had no idea where her flight gate was. throughout the busy airport, many people and their varying colored luggages walked past the flustered brunette without a care. as the girl began shuffling through the small black backpack that slouched amongst her shoulder, she was desperately trying to locate her plane ticket.

"holy! where is that damn thing?! i just need to find it-" she gritted through her teeth, until her eyes lit up to the sight of a white and folded piece of paper resting amongst the outskirt interior of her backpack. she swiftly pulled the paper sheet out of her bag before letting out a heavy sigh of relief. "okay, what's my gate number?" arabella mumbled to herself.

once the brunette began to analyze her plane ticket, her eyes scanned the paper until she read, "gate number: B-9". the girl slouched her shoulders in alleviation before reaching over to her back jean pocket, where she used her fingertips to grab her phone. arabella read the time [4:15am]. before taking a sharp inhale and tugging at the small, brown carry-on luggage that rested on her side. the girl was roughly 2 hours early for her flight, being punctual for once like she wanted. she yanked the plastic handle of her luggage, listening to the suitcase wheels turn amongst the tiled floors before pivoting her foot to roam the lax airport. arabella needed coffee to get through her flight, and she needed coffee now.

to her luck, the girl found a small pop-up starbucks shop at the corner of her flight terminal. out of satisfaction, arabella plastered a closed smile across her face before skipping over to the coffee shop line; excited to finally get her caffeine fix this early in the morning. as she turned the corner to stand in the back of the line, she was grateful that only 4 people were ahead of her. besides the airport being busy this january morning, the girl was thankful that starbucks wasn't crowded as well. arabella gently pulled her luggage closer to her side to ensure that the suitcase was in her vision before pulling her phone out once again.

however, once she held her phone in her dominant hand, she used her free hand to reach upward and straighten the beanie that rested at the top of her head. the girl looked forward and kept her head upright to feel the hem of her hat and ensured that the beanie was sitting properly against her forehead. to her surprise, arabella analyzed the person that was standing in front of her in the starbucks line; as they were wearing a beanie too. with the stranger's back facing her, the brunette didn't think much of it, but she observed how the person ahead had a navy blue beanie whilst hers was black.

in an instant, someone in front of her chimed, "i can take the next customer!" and without hesitation, the blue beanie stranger was stepping forward to place their order.