Dinner Time

Nathan's POV
I walked downstairs to the kitchen where Angel was. Looks like I was right about dinner. Delicious!! Angel spoke as I sat down at the table. "Hey darlin'. You ready for supper?" Her voice was so sweet and loving. "Yes ma'am," I say as my "dad" walks in. His name is David. The only thing I know about him is his name and where he lives. He's a quiet, mysterious man. His own wife doesn't even know what he does for a living, but he gets good money for doing whatever it is he's doing. "Hey honeykins. How was work?" Angel says as she puts the plates on the table. David sat down beside me with a sigh. "Same old, same old. Go to work, do what I have to do, then come back home to my lovely wife." Angel smiled at his statement and kissed his scruffy cheek. "Dad," I say as I grab a plate, "where do you work? What do you do when you leave the house?" He looks from Angel then to me with a cold stare. "Son, I've told you that my work is very private and important." Sometimes I hate talking to David. He talks to me like I'm some 6 year old who can't watch the sex scenes In PG-13 rated movies. I roll my eyes and begin to eat. Then I realize Derrik, my older brother, isn't at the table. "Mom? I mean, Angel? Where is Derrik?" She looks up the stairs, then outside and says, "probably out with his 'girlfriend'. I never liked that girl. She didn't seem right in the head if you know what I mean." It's true. I know exactly what she means. The last time Ciscillia came over, she gave herself a concussion by hitting her head on the coffee table for no reason. "Okay," I said in a quiet voice. I look over and notice David's staring at me. What the fuck is he looking at? I quickly finish my dinner and excuse myself. 'Geez da fuq was his probz?' I run up to my room and lock the door shut. What I need is music.