1. A week to go

It was coming towards the end of the summer and y/n was excited as every witch and wizard as she knew that in just one week she would be going to Hogwarts and continuing her family legacy. Being sorted into Ravenclaw like her ancestors was what excited her most. However she couldn't help but be sad that her and elior wouldn't get to be in the same house because of their blood. Elior and y/n have been best friends since forever because of fancy galas and balls as she was the ravenclaw princess and he was the slytherin prince.

Her parents didn't exactly approve of the friendship but had learn to tolerate it as their closest friends were the Malfoys who weren't much different, minus the royalty.

Y/N POV:
It's a week before School starts and i'm so exited to go to diagon alley and get all my supplies with mother. she said we were going with the malfoys which contradicts me having fun as i've never met them. even though they weren't like us they were still friends and i don't want to cause a hassle for father as him and lucius were inseparable from their last year at hogwarts and onwards.

"y/n dear! are you almost ready we're leaving to meet narcissa and draco soon!" I sighed knowing i would have to spend the day with people i don't know rather then having a mother daughter day out. "yes mother! i just need to owl elior!" "ok but be quick!" i found a loose piece of parchment and my quill and begin to write

Hey El!

I can't believe it's a week till we get to go to Hogwarts! You can finally get out the hufflepuff palace and after our 7 years there we both get to take over and rule our kingdoms! It so exciting! Unfortunately mother dearest is making us get my supplies with the malfoys instead of letting you come with us. As soon as the day comes I will come find you at platform 9 3/4 and we can spend every minute possible together until we're sorted.
I promise that even though I know we won't be in the same house like we always wanted we will stay best friends. You mean the world and nothing is changing that

Love y/n <3

I quickly sealed the letter with a blue wax seel and gave it to Willa, our palace west quarters family owl. I got up from my bed and opened the window to let her out then sat down on my bed quickly putting my y/h/c hair into a messy bun and putting my white converse on. I looked at my beautiful room as i stood into door way knowing that in a weeks time i won't be in this room until christmas.

(i imagine the room looking something like this and with a whole wall of books on the other side but imagine it how you want)

I walked downstairs to be greeted by my mum with her wand ready to apparate us to diagon alley.
"you ready to go dear?" mum asked looking confused at the fact I didn't bother dressing up too nice and resorted to wear a pair of light wash jeans and white oversized jumper. "yes mother. i'm so excited that i can finally get my own owl and a new wand!" she knew i had been wanted an owl since i was little but she is only letting me get one of my own so i can owl her every week about school and i needed a new wand because i broke mine last week. "come on then y/n we don't have all day!" she chuckled to herself knowing that i wish i did. i went and grabbed her arm so we could go.