Chapter 8: The Warriors of Kyoshi

Ok I know this is a Sokka x reader story but look at these two. JUST LOOK AT THEM.

I just- I- WOW I love them both

I just- I- WOW I love them both. Both are hotties and baddies. Ok, anyways continuing with the story. ENJOY!

Safiyah 

I popped the pieces of bread in my mouth and threw my head back, feeling my hair flow in the wind. It was a beautiful day; the bright sun corresponding with the light, refreshing breeze. 

Katara was sewing Sokka's pants in concentration and Sokka was inspecting the map, trying to figure out where we were going. 

"You have no idea where you're going, do you?" accused Sokka. 

"Well, I know it's near water," confirmed Aang.

"I guess we're getting close then," scorned Sokka. 

"Nearly there," I chuckled. 

We were hovering over the ocean and there were endless miles of water. We weren't nearly there. 

"Hey Katara, check out this air bending trick," chimed Aang. He air bent a few marbles so that they were spinning in a fast circle, making a high-pitched whistling sound. 

"Ooh, cool trick," I congratulated. 

"Thank you," beamed Aang. 

"That's great, Aang," responded Katara neutrally. She didn't even look up from her sewing. 

"You didn't even look," said Aang. He stopped doing his trick in dismay. 

Katara looked up from her sewing. "That's great!" She said it with false enthusiasm. 

"But I'm not doing it now," Aang replied. 

"Stop bugging her, airhead. You need to give girls space when they do their sewing," claimed Sokka. 

I sat up straight and my head immediately turned to Sokka. "I'm sorry, what?" I demanded. 

Katara stopped midway in her sewing. "What does me being a girl have to do with sewing?" she asked skeptically. 

"Yeah, do you just immediately associate sewing with a girl?" I added. 

"Simple, girls are better at fixing pants than guys, and guys are better at hunting and fighting and stuff like that. It's just the natural order of things." said Sokka with confidence. 

Katara and I looked at each other, stunned. 

"So if you saw a man sewing his own pants, you would practically explode, I'm guessing?" I said coolly. 

"Well, not explode, but it would be so weird," he responded. "Same thing with a woman fighting, I mean, I actually think you're pretty weird. I don't think you're a real woman."