An Old story and a New Chapter

Okay, so this one shot takes place when Luz and Amity are around 23. Luz hasn't been to the boiling isles since the age of 15. Amity took Lilith's place as the Emperor's Right hand, Willow works as a guidance counselor in Hexide and lives with her girlfriend Boshca. At the age of 18, Gus became the founder of the Human Research Project, making him one of the most respected witches on the boiling isles. While Luz is living a rather average life on earth, she's a celebrity to the average witch on the boiling isles. I mean c'mon, she's the first human to ever survive the boiling isles for more than 1 day. But she didn't know that, she didn't need to know that.
————

Luz POV

Ugh, I hate my job. Yeah being an actuary pays well for someone who lives by herself in a fancy apartment building but this is not what I wanted to do with my life. I tried to move on from the boiling isles. It's a world that my dumbass found in while I was chasing a tiny owl with my favorite book. Yeah, I obviously love my babies and the coolest witches ever, Willow and Gus, but I'm not part of their world. Sometimes I feel like I should've gone to that camp, adults don't need to be worrying about magic witches and spells. You don't understand how concerned people get when you tell them that you studied magic in a different universe for a whole year. My mom doesn't even believe me.

" Ms. Noceda, are you alright? Your shift ended 15 minutes ago."

" Sorry, I just got a bit caught in my head."

" It's okay boss. Remember that your vacation starts tomorrow. You have a full 4 months off. All due to your hard work."

" Yeah I would be excited but I don't have anything to do during that time."

" Maybe you should visit... old friends of yours. That would be nice."

" Yeah, it would."

Amity POV

" Hey you, have you seen Eda, the owl lady. You know that she is the most wanted witch."

" Why do I always come around here asking about her? Lay off why don't you."

" How dare you speak to me like that. I'm one of the highest ranks in the coven, let alone a Blight. I could banish you from the island in an instant."

" Do you not have anything else to do? Maybe you should go talk to your friends... I doubt that you have any with that attitude."

I couldn't argue with them, even if I wanted to. They were right, I don't have any friends. And my parents nearly disowned me for associating with the human. Yeah, I know that I have lots of money and people who want to be me but this job is all I have. Looking for Eda is my duty as of right now and you can't just say no to the emperor. Don't judge me for resorting to this, I didn't want to have this job. I didn't want to have to hunt the owl lady. I didn't want to live every day thinking about some human I met 9 years ago. And I especially didn't want to watch myself turn into someone she'd hate. This job has cost me everything, even when I didn't have much. Lilith was disappointed that I decided to follow in her footsteps. Willow hates me for siding with an emperor and choosing to work with the people who tried to kill Eda.. several times. Even Gus, one of the most positive people I know his respect for me. Now that I'm an adult I can talk to whoever I want and my parents wouldn't bat an eye but I can't bring myself to try to reconnect with them. They're all living successful happy lives and I don't think they want me back in their lives. I wonder how Luz is doing. I know that Willow and Gus still talk to her because I see them going to the interdimensional post office multiple times a week. It wouldn't hurt to look at the letters.

Willow Pov

" Hey, Gus did you pick up that letter for me. It's been a few days since me and Luz last spoke."