1.3

Holly, Jolly

•••

Messing the walkie, Y/n and El listened to the boys talk.

"We just tell our parents we have AV club after school." Mike said, "That'll give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood."

"You seriously think that the weirdos knows where Will is?" Lucas and Jason asked.

"Just trust me on this, okay?" Mike asked.

"Okay." The boys muttered.

"Do you get the supplies?" Mike asked.

"Yeah." Lucas said, "Binoculars...from 'Nam. Army knife... also from 'Nam. Hammer, camouflage bandana... and the wrist rocket."

"I only have the bat from Steve." Jason explained, which made Y/n's head shoot up.

"Steven?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah. Our brother." Jason said in a snarky tone, which made Y/n make a face.

"You're gonna take out the Demogoron with a slingshot and bat?" Dustin asked.

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket." Lucas started, "and second of all, the Demogoron's not real. It's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye...and blind it."

"Besides, I've used this bat on accident and broke Y/n's nose and arm once I think." Jason smiled, "so I'll use it to break bones again."

"No wonder my nose hurts sometimes." Y/n muttered.

"Dustin, what did you get?" Mike asked, sighing.

"Well, alrighty. So, we've got... Nutty Bars, Bazooka, Pez, Smarties, Pringles, Nilla Wafers, apple, banana, and trail mix." Dustin named. Y/n got up, the three boys staring at her, watching her grab a Nutty Bar.

"What the hell?" Jason muttered.

"I'm hungry. Stop staring, jerks." Y/n said, sitting next to El and sharing the food with her.

"Seriously?" Lucas asked, diverting the attention from Y/n.

"We need energy for our travels. For stamina." Dustin explained, "and besides, why do we even need weapons anyway? We have them."

"They shut one door!" Lucas and Jason yelled.

"With their mind!" Dustin yelled back. But then Jason fell, and saw Y/n's nose bleeding.