𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘, ᴍɪssᴇᴅ ᴍᴇssᴀɢᴇs

𝔞𝔠𝔱 𝔱𝔴𝔬

𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐃 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙙𝙖𝙮𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙡𝙮: 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙮𝙪𝙣𝙟𝙞𝙣

𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐃 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍
𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙙𝙖𝙮
𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙡𝙮: 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙮𝙪𝙣𝙟𝙞𝙣

"ugh come on jin, pick up, pick up" i tap my foot on the ground rapidly. it was the 3rd, maybe 4th, time i was trying to call hyunjin and every single time his stupid phone went straight to voicemail. to be honest i start thinking whether or not the boy has been killed. he always answers my calls no matter the circumstance.

"hi this is hyunjin, leave a message and i'll call you back" his voicemail says to me and i growl. the tone beeps and i squint my eyes even though the boy can't see it. "call me back you stupid oaf, goodbye" i sigh and throw my phone on the bed a few feet away from where benny lays.

i plop down next to him, my hair flailing everywhere when i do so. "benny," i say to the cat, "why won't hyunjin answer me?"

i lower my voice to sound like the cat is talking back to me, "because he's a stupid male and he sucks."

"ah yes, you are right again sir benny, how'd you get so smart?"

i go quiet and the only noise is the subtle buzzing of the fan next to me. i always had fans on even on the coldest winter days, i don't know if it's because i liked the whirring sound it made or if being colder helped me fall asleep because i could bundle up more.

my phone buzzes next to me and i pick it up. it's just a stupid netflix notification letting me know another season of one of the shows i watch is now out.

i roll my eyes and set my phone back down, cuddling into benny. he rests his head on my stomach and i softly pet the top of his head.

i had to tell hyunjin the news of me going to be a big sibling but he hasn't answered my texts nor my calls since he left my house. i was slightly worried, but more annoyed at the fact he was ignoring every call and message i sent his way.

"hey illi?" my mom knocks on my door. "come in" i say to her and i can hear the sound of her twisting the clicking knob and the door whooshing open.

benny's black head perks up and i do too, using my forearms to hold my body up. "yes mommy dearest?" i ask her. "this just got dropped off in the mail" my mother hands me a big envelope. my body sits up fully and i grab the envelope from her. i read my name and who the sender is.

my jaw drops and i look at my mom who raises an eyebrow at me. " are you going to open it?" she asks me. my eyes are wide and no words come out of my mouth. "i think i'm gonna wait" i gulp an abundance of dry air like it's water and she nods. "just make sure to open it soon" my mother points to me. i hand the large envelope back to her and she exits my room.