Chaper twenty five

"QUINN!" I screamed at the top of my lungs

A black arrow spiraled it's way, barely missing us. The horse rose in panic.

"HANG ON" cried Quinn

Another arrow came flying, this time towards Scarlett. Another miss.

Three blacked out horses with black armored riders surrounded us. They aimed their bows right for our heads. Slowly a shadow crept from the middle of them.

"this was quite sneaky" a purred voice, one thrilled with our fear. I felt my blood begin to boil.

Dame emerged from his woods. He held his hand out and the men lowered their bows.

"you were hunting us?!" Scarlett hissed

"not you sister, her" Dame looked in my direction which caused my cheeks to burn red. I looked down to avoid eye contact.

"take my brother and sister back, ill take care of her" Dame's said in violent command. The guards did as followed and leashed both horses then put Scarlett and Quinn on another.

our plan failed, we were caught and now...seperated

Dame took a grip on my arm and shoved me away from the rest. He dragged me back to his horse and pulled me on, then himself.

"dame...." I began, tiring to see where it would as far as apologies.

" I'd prefer not to hear it"  he said flatly

I sat ashamed and defeated on the back of his horse, no clue where he was taking us to. In the back of my mind, I thought of him taking me to be slaughtered with the rest of my family. What would they do with Quinn and Scarlett ? Surely lock them up in a better guarded tower. What would he do with me? On the battlefield. I couldn't foretell the cruelness of this prince.

We rode for what seemed hours, passing trees and distant hills. The guards kept their pace behind us. I almost didn't recognize this part of faerie, I've heard of it before. A world beyond king Thorstenn's reign. The sky transitioned from a lively dawn to gloomy Skys with clouds covering everything. The mist was becoming a dark fog which covered us.

Ahead, I saw a fence made of wooden logs with sentries guarding the entrance. We strolled straight in. It was a war camp. Soldiers were sharpening their blades everywhere. Men were eating, training, resting. This had to be Dame's first armada.

Tents were pitched, horses tied. We pranced inside, Dame holding his head high to address his men. There were no women here which is why I got so many awkward looks.

He got off first, holding out a hand to help me which I bluntly ignored.

"I can get off myself" I said ready to have a cat fight.

He gave me a short disapproving look before rolling his eyes and leading us inside his tent. There was a small bed with furs as covers. Swords, spears, bows, and any other type of weapon was hung on a rack. There was a table in the middle for maps and strategies.