Upset about him leaving

Standing in the doorway, I watch as Alex packs his suitcase. He's going on a camping trip for a week with his friends. I was going to go, but it's my best friend's birthday in three days and she'd kill me if I missed it. I haven't told Alex but I'm dreading him leaving. Lockdown has only just been lifted slightly, so we haven't had to leave each other. A week is so long. My eyes start to sting and tears tumble down my cheeks soon after. I'm tired and sad, which is definitely not a good combination. I don't want him to see me crying so I go into our bathroom. I sit on the floor and sob my heart out.

"Y/n?" Alex calls out for me from our bedroom.

I swear under my breath and stand up. He continues to call out my name and his voice gets louder, as he gets closer. There's a soft tap on the door.

"Darlin'? You in there?" He asks, softly.

"Yes." I manage a reply without my voice sounding funny due to my crying.

I wipe my eyes quickly and wash my face to make it seem as if I haven't just been sitting on the floor, crying my eyes out.

"You alright? You don't usually lock the door, love." His voice has a hint of concern in it.

I check myself in the mirror one more time and open the door to him.

"I'm fine." I flash him a fake smile as he leans against the doorframe, looking down at me.

I brush past him and walk off into our bedroom.

"Ok, 'ave you seen me black top? I can't find it anywhere."

I turn my back to him and breathe deeply, trying not to cry again. I feel stupid.

"Um- no, sorry." I breathe out.

"Look at me, love." I turn to him and smile again. "What's 'appening?"

"What do you mean?" I ask, biting my lip.

He walks towards me and places his hand under my chin, making me look up at him. His face makes my heart squeeze. I turn away from him with tears dripping down my face, yet again.

"Look at me." He repeats.

"I'm sorry." I turn back around slowly and look into his eyes.

They make me break down even more. He grabs my waist and pulls me into him.

"Oh, baby." He whispers.

"I don't want you to go." I sniff, over and over into his wet chest. "Don't leave me alone."

"I'm right 'ere, darlin', I'm right 'ere." He mumbles into my ear.

I reach for the back of his head and gently tug his head down to me. I look into his sparkling eyes and lean my forehead against his.

"Just breathe, sweetheart, breathe." He soothes me.

He bends down and lifts me off of the ground with a soft grunt. He sits on our bed with me on his lap, holding him impossibly closer to me. My breathing finally goes back to normal and I lean my body on Alex's.

"Why didn't you come to me? You've got yourself all in a state now, darlin', 'aven't you?" He smiles slightly at me, wiping my tears away.

"I didn't want you to not be able to go because of me. I want you to go, but I want you here, with me."

"You want me to text them and say I can't come?" He asks sweetly.

"No no. You're going. I'm not stopping you. I just need to stop being stupid." I explain.

"You're not being stupid, darlin'. I understand. I don't wanna leave you either."

I climb off of his lap and stand up, still clinging onto one of his hands.

"Let's finish your packing and then bedtime." I sigh.

-

We climb into bed, having finished packing, and I roll into his arms.

"You gonna be alright without me, love?"

He kisses my temple. I squeeze his body tighter to me.

"No, but I'll try."

"I'll be back so soon. Time'll fly by." He reassures me.

"I hope so." I sigh.

"I love you, sweetheart."

"I love you too, love."