➵𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐎𝐍 || 𝐑𝐔𝐍

First person p.o.v

Warnings: Angst/fluff/cussing(?)

This was a request from someone. I hope it's what you wanted it to be and if it exceeds your expectations, that's even better. This is the best I could incorporate the fire bending thing, so if it's not what you had in mind, I'm sorry.

Enjoy!

❊ ❊ ❊ ❊ ❊ ❊

❊ ❊ ❊ ❊ ❊ ❊

I ran as fast as my body would let me out of the jet and into the battle field. If the entire base caught fire, all the work Clint and I had gathered for a mission in the past six months would disappear. The sleepless nights spent together in my office in that exact base, the one that now had bright orange-redish flames climbing up to the sky, would have been wasted for what? For it to dematerialize and burst into flames right in front of our own eyes?

The days when coffee became our best friend and we'd tell each other that coffee meant more to us than the other did. The days when we would work too much and get so tired that by nighttime we would fall asleep with papers scattered around us on the wooden floor.

The days when Cap and Tony thought something had happened to us so they'd come to my office only to find us passed out. They'd both sport relieved grins. Tony would move to the side as Steve would pick me up with one arm and Clint with the other, slinging us both over a shoulder.

The days when we'd procrastinate too much and end up cuddling in my desk chair instead of working. The day when we both confessed our feelings to one another. None of those would have happened if it weren't for that one life-threatening mission that might be pushed even further back because of the loss of information. We just simply can't afford to lose any of it.

I can't afford to lose any of it.

Which is why I was currently running into a building that has been set on fire. I ran up the staircase, ignoring the tickle of the burning flames on my skin. When I got to the second floor, I stopped in my tracks, spreading my arms out and clenching my fists tightly.

I waited for a while, calming myself down and bringing my body temperature up to the one of the fire. I felt my body mimicking the flames and sucked a sharp breath into my lungs as I tried getting my skin to absorb the fire. I could feel my head throbbing as I heard yells coming from my earpiece.

"Y/N!" A voice screamed, "Y/N WHERE ARE YOU!?" Don't let the fire spread. Don't let the fire spread. "Y/N GET OUT NOW!" Clint. My eyes shot open. The pain in my head was just getting worse and I was starting to lose control of the flames. "FOR FUCK'S SAKE-I'm going in."

Red was disappearing from my sight and all I could see was a blur of dark grey. The flames were calming and I turned around abruptly to try to go find my office. I paid no attention to what was happening on the other side of my earpiece even though I probably should have. 

I heard a thump behind me a spun on my heels to see what was going on. A cement wall was starting to crumble down-quickly. I swallowed thickly, shrieking lightly when a brick fell from the ceiling above me. 

"Y/N!" I jumped, pulling a gun out of my holster and pointing it to the sound source. "Clint?" I mumbled in confusion. "What are you doing here, you have to-" "No. Come on. We're leaving this place before it kills us." 

Before I could utter another word, the ground beneath us started crumbling and Clint was taking me into his arms and running to the nearest window. I yelped, my hands dropping my weapon and going to clutch Clint's collar. I dug my head deeply into the crook of his neck to avoid watching the base collapse.

I only noticed we had reached the ground when Clint let go of me and rolled to his side. He didn't stay away from me for long though, rushing back towards me and taking my face in both his hands. I tried smiling at him, but he firmly pressed his lips to mine before I was capable of doing so.

He pulled away and I gasped for some air. Clint's breathing was heavy and in his eyes I could see a mix of emotions. Relief, confusion, happiness, anger? He shook his head and tugged me towards him for another kiss. 

"We're going to need to have a talk about being impulsive," He took a few seconds to catch his breath "But for now let me just enjoy this moment."