𝗏𝖺𝗅𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗇𝖾'𝗌 𝖽𝖺𝗒 𝗌𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗂𝖺𝗅.

❥❥❥

𝗌𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗂𝖺𝗅. 𝗏𝖺𝗅𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗇𝖾'𝗌 𝖽𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾 || 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒.

"Care to dance then, m'lady?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Ah, Valentine's Day, the holiday she hated the most. Couples snogging or shagging in parts of the castle, roses and chocolate attached to love letters getting passed around from one person to another, people confessing to their crushes. Love and heartbreak followed her everywhere she went.

"Are you going to the Valentine's Day dance, Y/n?" asked Cho as the two of them walked through the pink confetti filled hallway.

"There's a what now?"

"A Valentine's Day dance."

"A dance? Oh gosh, it's like the Yule Ball all over again," said Y/n, recalling what had happened.

Two years ago, on the 25th December occurred the Yule Ball, which was a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament. A formal dance held on the evening of Yule and was opened by the tournament champions along with their partners. Blaise and Y/n had agreed to go together as friends while Draco went with Pansy and Daphne with Goyle.

The first half of the ball was peaceful, but the second half was where everything had gone downhill. Everyone in the school knew that her and Harry Potter never got along, so it was no surprise to them when they had started to bicker in front of the whole school including the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students.

Harry had spilled his drink all over Y/n's dress . . . on purpose. She was furious, of course she was, why shouldn't she be? Her dress was one of the most cherished items the Lovewrights had ever owned, so getting it stained is like an insult to the family name.

"You absolute dickhead, Potter!" said Y/n. "Look what you did!"

"Me?" said Harry. "Maybe if you had just moved out of my way, that dress of yours wouldn't have been fucking stained!"

"Oh, so you're saying that this is my fault?" said Y/n, gesturing at the huge stain on the front skirt of the dress. "Stop acting all innocent, Potter, you did this all on purpose to ruin my night. Stop being so salty about the fact that Weasley went with Longbottom instead of you. To be honest, I could see why she had decided to go with him."

By now everyone in the Great Hall was watching as the two bicker back and forth.

"This isn't going to end well," said Daphne, who had left Goyle to walk across the Hall, where Blaise stood.

"Agree," said Blaise, slightly amused at the sight of the fight.

"Should we break this up before it gets too far?" asked Daphne. "They'll end up killing each other for sure, and I don't want my best friend to end up in Azkaban."

"I suggest we don't," said a voice behind them.

Daphne and Blaise had turned around and saw Draco, who had Pansy clinging off his arm.

"Are you serious?" asked Daphne. "We all know what happened in third year, I don't want that to happen again. Also, Y/n knows more dangerous spells than Potter. What if she uses them on him?"