Chapter Nine.

Wilbur and Tommy ran until their legs and lungs burned, the fear of being chased pushing them just a little further.

A bit too late, Tommy noticed there were several more guards.

It was obvious, he realised, that there would be multiple sets of guards at all times- The Kingdom Of Dream was known internationally; they were bound to have a few enemies.

The other guards heard the commotion too apparently, spotting the runaways quickly.

"THERE! GET THEM!"

Tommy and Wilbur tried their best to lose the guards, leading them on a chase through winding trees and shrubbery that scraped at their skin and clothes.

but the guards were relentless. Tommy dashed into a thick, neatly trimmed bush, dragging Wilbur by the sweater sleeves through the sticks and thorns.

They broke through into a courtyard, sending them hurling into a large pool of sorts.

"SHIT-"

Tommy exclaimed, splashing and coughing as he pulled himself from the pool, with Wilbur following in tow.

The guards, three of them in total, stood at the proper entrance to the courtyard, laughing their asses off.

The two were then dragged by cuffed wrists into a fancy looking throne room, elegantly decorated with tall rounded ceilings and thick quartz pillars.

It was breathtaking, the large, sparkling gold throne that sat at the very back of the room. It was intricately carved with swirling designs, plush red pillows laid across the seat. Atop those embroidered pillows sat a boy around Wilbur's age, lounging with a leg thrown over the arm of the throne.

He wore a sky blue collared shirt and a deep blue corset, a deep red fur lined cape draped around his shoulders. on his head sat a pair of clout goggles, awfully out of place compared to the rest of his royal outfit.

The crimson cape reminded Wilbur of Technoblade. The boy looked Wilbur and Tommy up and down, an awfully disinterested look across his face.

"Why'd you bring them in?"

He asked the guards, a thick british accent lacing his voice. He sounded about as bored as he looked.

"They were trespassing on your property, your majesty. and; this is the missing Prince of L'Manburg."

The Prince's eyebrows raised slightly, swinging his leg down from the arm of the chair to sit properly. He leaned his elbows on his thighs, seeming far more interested than he had before.

"The estranged prince of Manburg. come closer."

Wilbur took a nervous, shivering step towards the throne.

"closer."

Wilbur took another step, this time with more confidence.

"hm." The prince hums, looking Wilbur up and down. "That's definitely him. Why'd you leave?"

Wilbur's mouth went dry. He can't just say he ran away because another prince told him to!

"Cats got your tongue?"

Wilbur suddenly decided he didn't like this Prince. Obviously, the title got to his head.

"My motives are none of your business, your majesty."

The Prince scoffed at Wilbur's overly polite mocking tone.

"Your motives are my business, because you and your little friends are on my land."