1: Peace

"I don't like my peace disturbed."

The older woman looks at the young woman seated across from her in the cosy office. Her legs are crossed underneath her and she is slowly turning the ring on her finger as her eyes stay on the mug on the coffee table in front of her.

"I was at peace before him. Wasn't looking or searching. For once, I was...content."

There is silence as she continues to collect her thoughts and speak freely.

"For once I was content with being alone, with just having my friends and family by my side. I was happy. Genuinely happy. And then he came along and disrupted my peace."

She stops rotating the ring and leans forward to grab her mug. She takes a sip of the coffee.

"I mean, don't get me wrong, I share some blame in this: I allowed him to cause a disturbance in my energy and peace for twenty days. But he could've been straight forward. He knew from the moment his behaviour changed that he made a decision that whatever this was, was not going to progress any further. But instead of being straight forward, he did this stupid little dance," she tightens her grip on the mug. "Until I finally pressed one last time. Then he told the truth."

"Are you at peace now?"

Black eyes slowly look up as she slowly sits back, holding the mug between her legs.

"Not yet but it's better."

She nods.

"I don't think I'm angry. I think...I think I'm annoyed. Cause he could've left me alone."

She hums in understanding.

"But he didn't and that's not okay cause I was fine. I wasn't looking. But I'm going to be okay. I'm always okay. Even when my peace gets disturbed a little bit."

"You're a resilient woman. Ever since you started your sessions you have shown that. Even with all the emotions and feelings that you want to throw away as you say."

She chuckles, a small smile on her lips as she looks down at the mug.

"You are a lot of woman Chelsea. You require a lot but that is okay cause you give so much. People don't always recognize the first part but the people who do deserve you--all of you, can and will appreciate all of you."

"And won't disturb my peace."

She laughs.

"Yes. And they won't disturb your peace."

Chelsea smiles as she sips her coffee, her heart feeling much lighter.