2: Circles

The scent of coffee and vanilla float through the living room as the woman walks in, holding a crystal vase filled with roses and sunflowers. She places it on the glass coffee table, making sure its perfectly in the middle as the song playing in the background begins to fade as the next song begins. She smiles, beginning to hum along as she moves from the living room to her bedroom.

"Look, Why you wanna do the bad bitch wrong?

Bout to make this every bad bitch song

Don't you hate when you hold a nigga down

Then he switch up on you, turn out to be a clown?"

She picks up the pile of printed text messages, photos, statuses, and finally a thin mint green journal. There is a soft nudge to her ankle and she looks down, smiling at seeing her black Maine Coon, Coffee, look up at her.

"Hey Coffee."

He meows as he follows after her.

"Look, I ain't in my feelings with it

Turn around, poke it out bitch, get it, get it

Turn up on 'em, make 'em kill the noise"

She steps out on the balcony, sitting down in front of the cheap metal trash can she brought for this purpose only. The baby blue plastic of the lighter is cool in her hand and she thumbs at the red lever, biting her bottom lip. Holding the first picture, she hesitates for a moment, seeing the smiling faces that are now only but a memory. Taking a deep breath, she presses down, the lighter clicking as the blue flame appears and she holds it to the edge of the photo. The corner turns red as it catches on fire and she drops it into the basket, watching it burn.

"We ain't goin' back and forth with the lil' boys!"