.26

He was standing in front of the house border lining the jungle. The small remote town was surrounded by huge oak trees . .the air that he breathed was fresh with an underlying scent of the jungle.

A scent that reminded him of the soil getting wet by raindrops . .the scent that raises after a rainfall.

Fresh and soulful. .

But right now nothing was soulful. Nothing could be. .

In his world everything was dark and bleak. With no silver lining but he had to try . And try he will!

That's why he was here.

Elliot rubbed at his face , agitated.

Was what he doing. .the right thing? Was his direction right? His road right? Because technically he was going back against his fiance. .

Betraying her.

But really was it even called betrayal? Saving someone? Could it be labelled as betrayal?

All he knew was-

There comes a point in everyone's life where he / she has to choose. Choose between what's right and what's not. Is he / she courageous enough to take the right path? Bold enough to call upon the cruel?

He had read a religious scripture somewhere. .

Whomever among you sees a wrong, let him change it with his hand and if he is not able to do so then let him change it with his tongue and if he is not able to do so then with his heart.

He had no shame to accept that yes he had been weak in front of Darsana. He had protested silently with his heart . Knowing well what she had done caused an irreparable damage to two lives. Ripped apart two souls in love. A person who had changed for the better had relapsed and he was continuing . . spiralling down a dark vortex .

But Elliot knew what was happening. .

He knew it so well.

Recognizing the signs. .

Elliot heavied a sigh and lifted his hand to knock.

Knocking three times , he looked around ,glad no peering eyes were locked upon him. No one was on the road. The cold weather had forced people to stay at home-

The door creaked.

The sound of unlatching.

And then it opened.

Elliot fixed his face into a neutral expression. He was expecting a young girl but the face was of a middle aged woman with wispy hair and wrinkly skin .

Her gray eyes eyeing him warily.

"Yes?" Her curt voice asked. .not letting him in. Standing squarely on the threshold.

"Is this Sarah Darrow's house?" Elliot asked politely.

The gray eyes blinked rapidly.

Doubt creeping in them.

"Yes."

Elliot felt like she was a one word woman.

"I-I'm her friend. I was passing by . Thought to drop by. Is she home?" Elliot smiled , bringing out his glamour.

The old woman frowned and then glanced away from his face as if he was too much to bear and than-

"Are you. .him?" She asked quietly, looking at the road behind him.

Instantly Elliot knew who she was talking about.

Really, what was the point of acting like he had no idea what she just said. .no point at all.