66 - Forgotten Memories

{Cleo's P.O.V}

"Hey.. Hey.. Cleo. Wake up" I try to open my eyelids as the light pierces my pupils. I've woken up on Zac's couch. The same couch I slept on the first night we spent together. It doesn't take long to remember all the good times together, but it's quickly surpassed by the memory of him moving on.

I really thought I knew Zac.. But I guess not. I never thought he would find someone else. I thought we were together.. And nothing could ever break it. Why did I suggest we take a break. I'm such an idiot.

"Morning" I get up and rub my eyes making the outline of Dylan's figure with the small sight I have.

"Hey. We need to talk." Dylan helps me up and tells me to meet him downstairs in ten. What now?

I wash my face and tie my hair up. I don't remember anything from last night. I must have drunk a lot.

"Okay this might be a lot to take in" Dylan gestures me to sit down in the lounge room.

"Did you know that Zac was going to propose?"

I blink a good 5 times and almost choke on my spit. Am I hearing this right. I sit up and question it.

"W-what?" I stutter, my eyes as wide as dinner plates.

"I guess not" Dylan chuckles half seriously.

"He was mad because he was ready to commit. And he thought you didn't love him enough to date him on the other side of the country."

"That's the reason I did it" I whisper

"Huh?"

"I love him Dylan. That's the reason I did it. I didn't do this because I didn't think our relationship would work. I just thought he would understand I did this for him, do you think I like being without him. I can't even get out of bed everyday.. I haven't been out of the house in forever. The thought of him being with someone else makes me sick. I love that I love him.. I really do. But what I hate, is that he can move on in the blink of an eye. And I'm still holding on to the memories he clearly forgot."

I leave Dylan's crying. I know it was wrong to yell all of that to him. He's done nothing wrong. But I can't help it. I'm isolated. I'm alone. And I'm scared i will never see Zac again. My mom walks into my room with the letter from Dad in her hand. She must have found it on my bedside.

"Honey" she hugs me tightly.

"I know it's hard right now. When you're young everything seems like the end of the world. But it's not.. It's just the beginning. You may have to meet a few more jerks. But one day you're going to meet a boy who treats you the way you deserve to be treated"

"Mum.. I don't want another boy. I just want Zac." I sob. And it's true, I don't want anyone else.

" if this makes you feel any better. If you get accepted. I have no problem with you living with your dad in New York. I know NYB is your dream. And I won't stand in your way."

"Thanks mom.. I love you"

---------------------------------------

A/N - hey lovelies. I know this chapter was on the short side. But it has a whole lot of drama. Did you like the Zac quote? I need a name for Zac's new girlfriend. Any ideas?? Xx