꧁49꧂

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear-"

Minette and Regulus sang as they walked into Leta's room, a small cupcake in the Head Girl's hands with one small candle, however they were interrupted by Leta who flicked her wand at them making their mouths disappear. She then buried her head into her pillow.

The other Slytherins then took out their wands, flicking them at each other so their mouths. "Ah, July the 16th. The day my life became living hell." Minette muttered which made Leta stick her middle finger up at her, her pillow still covering her face.

"We have cake." Regulus said, shaking the cupcake side to side which made Leta shoot her head up, her dark hair covering her face. He then walked closer and lowered the cupcake. She took in a deep breath before blowing out the candle, the snatching off of Regulus and shoving it in her mouth.

"Merlin's beard! You inhaled it!" Minette exclaimed with a look of disappointment as her sister's cheeks were full and there was blue icing around her mouth. Regulus on the hand just chuckled and shook his head.

                                       ༒
"Why happy birthday Miss Lestrange." James said in a posh-accent, bowing when he saw the girl pass him in the hallway. "What did you get?" Peter asked with a wide smile.

"A planet!" She exclaimed, jumping up and down with a huge smile. "Typical. Mummy and daddy buys what she wants." Sirius whispered in a mocking tone.

"Really!" Peter said, ignoring the boy who scanned the girl up and down with a disgusted look. "No," She said, the smile on her face dropping. "I was going to the hall for the owl mail." She said, pointing to the entrance of the Great Hall behind her.

"We will join you then." Remus said, walking with the girl until Sirius pulled him back. "Honestly it's fine. Wouldn't want Sirius being jealous." She smirked before walking through the hall.

                                            ༒
Leta sat at the Slytherin table with Regulus and Minette beside her who had shown up not long after her.

Then through an open window, a flock of owls flew in. Leta cringed as a large group of them flies towards her with parcels. They then all dropped them on the table, Regulus having to quickly move his bowl to stop one falling into it.

She pulled the wrapping off of one which revealed a box which was full of different sweets, socks and perfume. "I think they are trying to say something." Regulus chuckled as he picked up the perfume and spun it around, putting it back when Leta scowled at him.

Her attention then went to a thin present. Carefully she pulled off the wrapping revealing a new broom, the Silver Arrow. It was black and grey and the bristles were slick instead of splintered.

She her eyes were wide until she looked up at Regulus with a raised eyebrow. "Reg, did you tell them?" She asked, before spinning the broom around in her hands. Slowly, he nodded but then snatched the broom off of her to inspect.

                                           ༒
It was a Friday so once Leta had finished her lessons, she planned to go back to the common room however she was stopped on the way.

"Happy birthday." James whispered in her ear before kissing her forehead. "Follow me." He whispered before grabbing her hand and pulling her through the school.

He took her to an area by the black lake which was surrounded by trees. There were logs which was surrounding a fire pit. Remus, Minette, Regulus, Peter and even Sirius. was there.

"How did you get Sirius here?" Leta asked James, whispering in his ear which Sirius heard. "I was promised alcohol." He announced, most probably already tipsy.

James rolled his eyes before they all sat down, the fire cracking loudly. Leta and James often looked at each other which everyone but Sirius noticed.

                                        ༒
It got later and the sun was beginning to set, half the sky already a navy blue. Sirius began manically moving his eyebrows up and down.
They all looked at him confused but he was only looking at Remus.

"Do you know why they call them eyebrows?" He asked, his eyebrows still moving up  and down. "The word originates-"

Sirius jumped up from his chair and towards Remus, covering his mouth with his hand. "From around the 16th century." Remus continued, his words muffled and hardly recognisable.

"No Moony, it's because my eyes are browsing your fine ass-"

"Okay that's enough." James said, standing up and ushering Sirius up but he refused to move and instead held onto Remus. "I think we will go back." He then said, winking at Sirius which made smirk.

Regulus rolled his eyes as the two boys got up and made their way back to the castle. "See you later Reg!" Sirius waved at his brother. "And you-" He glared at Leta which earned him a small tap on the head from Remus.

                                         ༒
"It's getting late. I'm going back." Minette said, putting down her cup and standing up. "Me too." Regulus said, also getting up and pulling his shirt down. The two of them had a few drinks but were not that drunk.

"I'll go too." Peter said with a small smile, his cheeks red after one drink. As he began to walk away, James shouted at him, "Don't go back to the common room whatever you do! You don't want to make the same mistake as me!" Peter looked over his shoulders, nodding and hurrying off.

James then moves closer to Leta. "So, did you have a good birthday?" He asked her, staring at the girl who warmed her hands on the fire. He stared intently at her face, in awe at her beauty as the orange light hit her face. "What?" She asked him with a furrowed brow after seeing him looking  at her from the corner of her eyes.

"Leta," He paused, taking her hands which made her face soften. "Come on a walk with me." He said, getting up with his arm up. She huffed before getting up and linking arms with him.