twenty-four

*ivy's p.o.v.*

"Ives! Hurry! Snape has our graduation robes", Pansy said running into the room and ripping my book out of my hand. She grabbed my hand and dragged me out of our room and up the stairs to the common room.

"Why are we running?", I asked trying to catch my breath.

"This means we're one step closer to finally finishing Hogwarts"

That's scary.

In the common room, Professor Snape was standing in the middle of a crowd of seventh year Slytherins. He stood next to a rack of black satin robes with a clipboard in his hand and began to call each student one by one to pick up their graduation cap and robe. After five minutes, Draco and I were the only ones left.

"Lastly, Malfoy and Parkinson", Snape sighed. Draco and I approached Snape and waited for him to hand us our robes. "Because of your roles as prefects, you will wear stoles on top of your robes and you will wear your badges", he said handing us our robes with a dark green stole with silver detailing. "Run along now", he glared.

"Thank you...", I said slowly backing away from Snape. "I can't believe graduation is coming up", I said to Draco.

"Yup and N.E.W.T.s", Draco sighed.

"And cotillion", I sighed. "Are you going? I mean... it's at your place"

"I don't think so. My mother's still on my ass about going but I don't want to waste my time watching everyone prance around my ballroom"

"You can't sit out, it's the last time we're all going to be together"

"Why do you care, Ivy?", he scoffed. "You're going to be busy with Nott anyways. Trust me, you won't notice the fact that I'm not there"

"That's not true and I care because you're my friend"

"That's me. Draco Malfoy, Ivy Parkinson's friend", he said turning around and walking away from me.

"Why are you being like this?", I asked, chasing him down and grabbing his arm. "Did I do something wrong?"

"Yes, you did", he said slipping his arm from my grip.

"And what is that?"

"Whatever", he scoffed. "I'm not talking about this with you", he said walking down the stairs to the boy's dormitories.

"Draco", I called out, following him down the stairs. "Please, don't shut me out. Whatever I did, I'm sorry"

"Stop trying to push me to talk about my feelings", he said pushing me against the wall. His hands held onto both of my arms tightly and his angered glared burned my soul. I can feel my arm go numb from how hard he was holding me.

"Draco", I winced. "You're hurting me". He clenched his jaw and took a step closer to me.

"Leave me alone, Parkinson", he said through his teeth before opening the door to his dorm room and slamming it in my face.

Something has to be going on with Draco. He just slammed my body against the wall and gripped my arm like it was a fucking stress ball, not to mention the fact he just slammed his door in my face. I haven't seen him this angry is a long time and he's never taken it out on me like this before. Usually, I wouldn't mind Draco slamming me against a wall but the way he did it was in a non erotic way. The way he looked at me, it was like he was genuinely angry at me for something. I thought things were going fine between Draco and I and that our bond was stronger than ever. After our deep talks, I thought that our friendship meant something to him. For the first time, I was afraid of Draco Malfoy.