intern

Slamming the pile of white sheets in the wooden table, a blonde girl slumped and cursed under her nose, couple of words for the woman that has been getting into her nerves ever since day one of her internship at a publication. she had dreamt of writing articles, scripts, especially novels. Pens and papers were her best friends. Well, she actually has a best friend, it was the Chinese girl from her neighborhood. They had been friends since in their diapers though the blonde was born a year ahead. going back to the pile of papers, she sighed and open the monitor.

It was time for another revising, checking, and proof reading. It is her job, yes, but what makes her furious is that she was not the only intern in the team. They were actually three, including the ever warm and fun japanese, Aeri, which she got along with the moment they were introduced. Given that they are three, the work should be lesser and lighter. but what happens was that the blonde always get almost the two-thirds of the work while the other were always enjoying their free time. It was so unfair for the blonde, but she just kept on doing and complying the works given to her by the woman who they call 'lioness'.

Too submerged in revising the works, eye shifting from monitor to papers, the blonde haven't noticed the presence that has been watching her for sometime. Tapping her foot on the tiled floor, arms were crossed and lips clicking, the woman called out again, almost yelling at the blonde.

"Kim Minjeong" startled by a sudden raise of voice, the blonde jolted from her seat, accidentally throwing the papers unto the air. A curse was heard, a very furious woman grabbed the papers off her face and slammed them on the table. Yhe blonde could only smile sheepishly at her, on her inside was her mind laughing at the face of the lioness and contemplating whether to stop her internship or not.

"should i give you more works or just give you high ratings? which one do you like, kim?" a deep voice overflowing with sarcasm asked her. if not because of the sarcasm in her voice. Minjeong would have immediately chosen the latter, but no, choosing any of the two will just cause troubles. However, what her mouth slipped out was too give her more complicated trouble,

"you"

Minjeong wanted the tiled floor to swallow her beneath and just be with the raging sea of fire and heat, instead of facing her embarassment and consequences from the lioness that was smirking at her.

"so, you like me huh? Sad to say Miss Kim, relationships are prohibited here" a triumph chuckle escaped the woman's mouth which irritated the blonde. If only she could zip and sew that red lips of the lioness, she could've done it weeks ago. But, instead of retorting to the woman,  Minjeong could not find the words to say, she was flustered. what the ef?!

"tss stop blushing, intern, and just buy me food. Bring them to my table" before the blonde could finally let the words out, the woman was already out of sight, maybe already slumped on her office. Immediately, Minjeong checked if she really was red, and indeed she was. Taking a deep breath, blood rushes to her face again, not because of blushing but of frustration that the lioness asked her to buy food but did not bother to took out some cash! She screamed silently, and wishing things for the woman like choking on her water or something.

A knock on the wooden door made the blue haired woman stop on whatever she was doing, leaning back on her chair, gently massaging her temple, she answered. The door was opened, revealing a blonde with paper bags on her hand, raising them a little bit closer to her chest, forcing a smile at her.

"what's that?"

"the food you asked, miss" the blonde answered her, walking towards her table, and putting everything on the side before having a distance again.

"what food?" she didn't bother to open nor look at the paper bags, she rather stayed and locked her eyes, watching every movement of the blonde.

"uhh pasta, choco butternut, and strawberry latte, Miss" the blonde answered, clutching her hands, and sliding her tongue to her pinkish lips only to bit them lightly, and form a pout. tss how annoyingly cute