Chapter Four: Megalovania

Sans knew that voice anywhere. As soon as he heard your name, he shot up to see you. You looked a little older, not physically, but mentally. But that voice. That beautiful voice, it was calling to him. He knew it was you. He introduced himself, totally forgetting the whoopie cushion he used for everyone. He didn't use it on you because he wasn't even thinking about using that on you.

It was you. It really was. He thanked the stars for making your paths cross after all this time. He waited for you throughout space and time, through genocide and pacifism, to see your beautiful face again. And here you were. He didn't care if you didn't remember him. He would earn it all back, treat you like the goddess you were. The other half of his soul, his soulmate. That's what you were. And you didn't even know.

-

Sans had a warm smile on his face as he regarded you. There was almost something familiar in those eyelights of his as you gazed into them. You vaguely registered the warmth of his hand still in yours. You must have blinked when you grabbed Sans' hand because you definitely did not see how the world changed from a living room to a snowy forest. The cold hit you like a train, and you shivered as your breath rose in clouds in the air. Where were you?

Sans' eyelights shrunk to pinpricks. He seemed just as confused as you, but looked like he recognized this place. You were sure you were hallucinating, were it not for the cold biting at you and the skeleton across from you that looked just as dumbstruck. "You're seeing what I'm seeing?" You ask him. "Well yeah, but how can we feel it? There's no way I'm imagining these wet slippers." You almost giggled, but your lips were probably turning blue. You realized your hands were still joined. You pulled your hand out of his, and it was like it never happened. You were back in the skeleton brothers' living room, perfectly warm, with not a single snowflake on you.

You looked at Sans, who mouthed a very obvious 'later' that Papyrus would have seen, were it not for the tall skeleton leaned over the table next to the door, pouring sprinkles on a rock. No, seriously, the rock even had a smiley face painted on it. "Seriously Brother, Rocky Would Surely Perish Without Me Feeding Him." Papyrus 'tsk'd at his brother, who was sprawled out on the couch like he never got up. "You're right, Bro. What would I do without you." Sans seemed to realize something. "Hey Bro, are you sure you wanna wear that to make spaghetti?"

That's when you noticed what he was wearing. Papyrus was wearing a blue crop top that had 'JOGBOY' written on it in sharpie, and oddly enough, the Papyrus font. He had on the original gloves, boots, and scarf you had seen him in when you watched the video of monsters emerging from the mountain, but was wearing blue short shorts with pink stripes on the bottom. His shirt's puffy sleeves even had pink hearts drawn on them.

Papyrus' sockets widened. "You Are Right, Brother. I Shall Go Change Into Proper Cooking Attire. Human, You Must Stay With My Lazy Brother! Do Not Fall For His Japes." With that, Papyrus bounds up the stairs and into a room that had caution tape all over the door. You walk over to the couch and gently plop on it. Sans' sockets are closed, but he peeks one open when you sit down. Now, to find out what the heck that was that happened when you shook hands.

"So, what was that?" You looked to him for answers. He just shrugs. "I know just about as much as you." You think. When you let go of his hand, the mysterious place disappeared. "Well, I think it happened when we shook hands, so touching does it?" You turn to face him, hand outstretched. "Guess we can test it. Wanna try?" He looks from your hand, to your eyes, contemplating. "I guess, there's only snow much fun we could have." You don't know how, but he winked. You giggled as your hands met.

Nothing happened. Not even a flicker. You must have looked disappointed, because Sans looked over at you. "Sorry bud, Icy it didn't work." You released his hand again and snorted. You freaking snorted. You missed the way Sans' eyes dilated to the size of quarters and the shape flickered, briefly, into something else. You stopped laughing after a little bit, and looked back at him. "Icy what you did there." You managed to get out.

"Aw c'mon buddy, you can't reuse my jokes. That's just lazy, and I know lazy." With that, he flopped back down on the couch. Papyrus took that very moment to burst out of his room. "NYEH HEH HEH, HUMAN! It Is Time To Make Friendship Spaghetti!" You get up off the couch and follow Papyrus into the kitchen. You glance back at Sans, and he gives you a lazy smile and a two-finger salute.

The kitchen is spacious, with one wall lined with counter space, a table in the corner by the door way, and two sinks? One of the kitchen sinks has to be at least five feet high, it seems only Papyrus could reach something like that, while the other sink at a much more reasonable height. "I See You Are Staring At My Impressive Sink, Human (Y/N)" Papyrus said as he came to stand by you. "Unfortunately, It Is Too Impressive For Humans, So Tiny Human Frisk Asked Me To Make A Human Sized Sink."

You should have known that all monsters knew Frisk, but it still surprised you that this skeleton was good friends with Frisk, it seemed. You realized very soon that Papyrus was not only a master at cooking, whirling around the kitchen in a blur, but he also was a chef.

He regaled you with the tale as he cut vegetables, about how he went to an Italian cuisine restaurant every single day for a week straight, begging for a job, and how they finally gave in, giving him a position as a dishwasher, until one day. This one day he had been washing dishes when he heard from his boss about how the main spaghetti chef had been sick for the day. He offered immediately to cook in the chef's place, and the boss had told him to make a dish for the head chef himself to taste.

So, Papyrus had very excitedly created his very best spaghetti, and the head chef was blown away by the cooking methods and flavor. The boss immediately gave him a promotion from dishwasher to sous chef.

-

Sans listened as Papyrus wowed yet another person with he story of his promotion, put at ease by the (F/C) soul shining so brightly, he could see it through the wall. He tried not to focus on the knife-like cut down the middle, but even with the wound, it was still beautiful.