Chapter 2

Quasimodo looks at the limp body, ignoring the conflict from the gargoyles. He circles around it, and his eyes look at the wings. Wow! I've never seen wings like these before, but then again, i've never seen wings on a woman before! Quasi thinks. This was the first time he has seen anyone else besides his master this close. He then notices an arrow sticking up out of one of the wings. So that explains the blood! And it looks quite fresh- what am i thinking!? she just fell from the sky with an arrow in her wing! Of course it's fresh! He quickly rushes into the building and then comes back onto the balcony with some clean bandages and cloths. He wraps the injured wing with the materials and picks up the body, the head dangling. Quasimodo hoped that she wasn't dead.

"So Quasi! What are you going to do with her?" the female gargoyle, also known as Laverne, piped up behind Quasimodo.

"Well, one thing's for sure, i'm gonna keep her hidden for the time being."

"Good plan Quasi!" Laverne gives a wink.

He climbs up to a large area of planks. Quasi lays her body on top of the flooring, and he heads back down. He comes back up with a spare blanket and pillow, which he places the blanket on the body. Just as he lays the head on the pillow, he hears groaning. He looks down at the woman, and sees that she is moving, her teeth gritting in pain. Relief washes over him. "She's alive."

——————————————

There was darkness after the fall. Stitch had not felt that much pain from a blow like that for a long time. Slowly, her eyelids start to open, allowing her to see light in the room.

Quasimodo sees the fluttering of her eyes. Instinct kicks in and he immediately hides in the shadows of the bells. The girl slowly sits up, groaning, as she stretches her arms.

Stitch looks around. "Where am I? And..." as she tries to move, her left wing sends a shock of pain throughout her back. She turns towards it and sees that it has been wrapped around to what appears to be an arrow! "Who? Who did this?"

"Please don't move your wing too much, Miss! You could open the wound more!" A friendly, yet unfamiliar male voice rings out.

"Who's there?!"

"Just a humble bell ringer." Stitch listens for the voice, and then turns in the direction it came from.

"Why did you help me?"

"Because you looked like you needed it."She starts to see a bit of movement.

"Could you please show yourself?"

The man is hesitant. "But, I don't want you to judge me," he says. Stitch then replies with a gentle voice,

"What makes you think I'll judge you?"

"Because of my appearance." Stitch ignores his response.

"Please, come out? I promise I won't judge you," she assures the bell ringer. Everything is quiet. Even the three gargoyles are in suspense.

"All right then," the man breaks the silence.

First, Stitch sees a foot, then muscular yet gentle hand in the light. Then the man shows his entire form. The young man, looks as if he was in his 20s, was wearing some shaggy clothing, that showed his back was uneven. A hunchback.

The girl looks at Quasi with beautiful sapphire eyes, ones that weren't filled with fear,  but with compassion. "Mind my asking, but what is your name, humble bell ringer?" The girl asks.

"Quasimodo. And, you aren't.... s-scared of me?!" The bell ringer asks. Stitch tries to get up, but the pain in her wing forces her to sit.

"Now why would i be scared of someone who just looks different?" Quasi looks at the girl, in confusion. "For me, I would only be scared of monsters that look and act terrifying. But you, sure, your appearance is different, but to me, it's what's on the inside that should matter" Quasimodo never thought about his appearance like that.

"Huh..." He looks back at the girl, and shakes his head, "What's your name, before we get too distracted?" Quasimodo asks Stitch. Normally, Stitch would say Stacey, as Stitch is a very unusual name, but she knew that Quasimodo wouldn't judge her because of it.

"Stitch. My name is Stitch."

Quasimodo smiles. Stitch is his first friend, and he hopes that it will stay that way. He then climbs down the ladder, and says to his new friend, "Stay quiet! I'll be right back!"

"Who are you talking to, Quasimodo?" A different, colder voice asks.