3: Demon Babies

The last two parts were from Maya's pov and this one is going to be from Vaughan's (aka Duke Dipshit)

As I exited and started to walk away from Creed's cell I could have sworn I heard her mutter 'Duke Dipshit' a few times along with some of her other choice expletives. I assume that's my new nickname since there's no way in hell that she's learning my real name before I learn hers. The damn girl talks too much, why can't more people just get to the point when they speak, it would make my life ten times easier. Though I must admit that there is something inspiring about the fire she spits from her tongue. That's just about the only nice thing I have to say about Creed, the girl is sassy, bratty and she just seems like a liar even though I've yet to detect a lie roll off of her tongue. It's all just a mask, it has to be. She's young, probably in her twenties but if you look into her eyes, if you really look you can see that they give her away. Generally they've been a stormy blue-gray color but when she was talking about those 'demon babies' of hers I could have sworn that they glowed a little bit. And when she was smiling at me, not a fake smile though, they almost looked green. But that's not important, the eyes of a murderer shouldn't occupy my thoughts.

I don't need to take anyone with me as I go to get the girl's hounds. If what she told me is true, all I have to do is say, 'dothra koon' and they should follow without a problem. Gosh, why am I even doing this, yes it was by the order of Queen Aelin but what use does she have for a bratty assassin? Whatever reason she has I just hope it has nothing to do with me. I do tasks for the Queen and help train soldiers for the guard and in return I get to live on a rather generous piece of land. The last thing I want is to have to take care of that girl. Trying to push those thoughts out of my head I shift into my animal from, an osprey, with a bright flash of light.

Suddenly the girl's little woodland cottage is visible. This probably very rich and very infamous assassin lives in a shack in the middle of nowhere with three mongrels that she calls her 'demon babies'. What the actual hell. The hounds race out of the cottage right as I shift back into my fae form and oh my gods. Seeing them up close I really understand why she calls them her demon babies. They snarl at me and the littlest one on the left even tries to take a bite out of me but as soon as the words 'dothra koon' leave my lips they all relax and start coming up to me for pets. I'll say it once more, what the actual hell. The hounds really are sweet though, I can see why the girl likes them so much but I can also see why an assassin would find them useful.

The flight home is boring and the hounds seem more than capable of keeping pace.

*******************

The hounds stay orderly as I guide them down into the dungeons were their bratty master is being kept. As much as I hate to admit it, I'll harm one of the hounds if she breaks our deal and won't tell me her names.

When I open her cell door and she sees the hounds her eyes practically glow with joy and relief only to be glazed over a second later by that assassin's mask she wears. 

"Lyra, Lana, Lucia!" She exclaims. Once again I am dumbfounded by her. She comes into possession of three extremely deadly and particularly scary hounds and she names them Lyra, Lana and Lucia? What the actual hell.

Before I can get her to uphold her end of the deal she starts rambling to the hounds in the old language of the fae faster than even I can understand. Maybe she's older than I once thought. If she was I would have known though, The Valg War was about 100 years ago and I have a feeling she would have been a prominent figure if she were around back then. She looks up and I realize I've finally grasped her attention.

"Names. Give them to me. Now." I demand.

"Fine fine fine, get me a piece of parchment and something to write with and you can have them. Also, I assume that my demon babies will be taken care of along with the other dogs kept on the grounds."