| 9 |

Eversince that grocery incident, I had been avoiding Chase for the past few days. I was stucked inside my house for like, everyday. I wasn't always on the mood to go out or do something productive so I just stayed inside.

I didn't tell Jen about that incident and about the girl that Chase is with. I'm not yet ready for anothet round of pity from my bestfriend just like what happened two years ago.

Flashback..

I was preparing myself for a very special event. Our 2nd anniversary. Jen is with me, helping with my hair and doing my make-up. We were in my room creating chaos as I prepare for tonight.

"Can you believe it? Time flies so fast. Two years ago, you were just merely strangers at school and now, you're celebrating your 2nd anniversary!" Jen squeeled as she reminisced the past.

"I know right. The wonders of destiny and love." I replied, smiling.

"Ooooooh.. Someone's inspired." she said as she started poking my side.

"I'm just happy munchkin. Who would've thought that we'd go this far, right?"

"I'm happy for you, too cupcake. You deserve all the happines in the world." my bestfriend said, hugging me.

"Okay. This is enough. Let's not get emotional now, shall we? I'm not planning on redoing my make up over again." I said as I tried not to cry.

"You're right. Tonight's a happy night. Go enjoy yourself. Call me later, okay?"

"Okay. Thanks munchkin." I said hugging Jen for the final time before going out.

"Anything for you, cupcake. I gotta run. Enjoy!" she said as she waved her hand and drove away.

This is it. The big night.

* * *
Charles invited me to this romantic place along the beach. He said to just go there and wait for him.

I arrived five minutes early before the time. Excited, huh? Yeah. I am.

I scanned the area but was disappointed to find that there were no romantic lightings and candlelight dinner. Something tells me there's something wrong.

'Maybe Charles is just hiding in here somewhere carrying a boquet of roses. Think positive Kylie." I thought to myself.

Then I heard footsteps. I decided to turn around and was shocked to see Charles standing a few feet away from me. What shocked me more is that he's only wearing his usual black, V-neck t-shirt and some faded jeans. He's not even holding anything.

Recovering from my shock, I joked,

"You look ravishing."

He stepped a few steps towards me and looked me intently in the eye. I see pain and sadness in those golden orbs. Why? This is supposed to be a happy night. Right?

"Ky..."

"What's wrong, babe?"

He just shrugged and said, "I'm sorry."

"No.. No.. No.. You don't have to apologize. I totally understand about this lack of preparations. I know you've been busy. I was just excited so I dressed up like I'm going to a freaking prom but it's totally good babe." I said as I tried to touch his face but he backed away.

This lone gesture hurt me.

I looked at him and noticed that he was fidgetting. He always do mannerisms like that when he's got some bad news. Then, one single sentence knocked all available oxygen in my body.