8- the truth

Looking around I noticed how small this room was. "In the living room maybe, because this is all a bit too small for me." I spoke, my breathe catching.

I was about to tell them everything.

We walked to the living room. Connor was helping me since I was still drowsy from the sedative.

He helped me to the couch and I sat down. Everyone sat around me, staring at me. I coughed because it was extremely awkward.

"They started experimenting on me as soon as they got me. They call me '12' never really told me why," I started, already crying like a little bitch. I have been crying a lot lately.

"They would cut into me, not bothering to numb the unbearable pain. Changed me. As I showed you. They changed my eye color. Guess it was a side effect."

"I had to get out, so I attacked. They forgot to give me the drug that suppressed my abilities. Killed a guard. Beat a doctor."

"I was feeling drowsy, headaches, angry. All day today. I knew it was because of them. So I called them. They told me it was 'bloodlust'."

"That I'd want to kill anyone and everyone. Hence, why I attacked Kayla. My anger intensified when my vision went hazy and I thought she was one of them."

"There was a lot of pain, poking, prodding. But I am not going to get into that," I chuckled finding nothing funny. "Anyway, now you know the story." I finished.

My mother looked shattered. Her baby girl was nothing but a lab rat. My father just looked angry. My brothers unreadable.

I looked around for Gray but he wasn't here. Kayla was standoffish. Guess I would be too if my best friend wrapped her hands around my neck with the intent to kill.

"So much for a good first day of school, right?" I joked attempting to lighten the mood. I sighed.

I gripped my locker twirling it with my fingers. "How'd you survive?" I heard Kayla ask. I glanced up.

"You guys. Not to mention they gave me the healing drug first so every stab healed. But they didn't take my locket. All I needed was to look at all of y'all's faces to survive." I answered honestly.

"I'll kill them." My father mumbled. I laughed.

"I'd help you, but they're not stupid. They've probably moved compounds. They moved me a lot.
They thought I didn't know, but something was always different." I recalled the memories of the four walls, but every time they moved me it was never exact.

My mother sat beside me, taking me in her arms. "I am so sorry, baby girl." She sobbed. I clenched to her hold. Taking in her scent.

"This thing... bloodlust. How come it's not happening now?" Luca asked. He always came up with the questions.

"My guess? The drugs y'all pumped in me. Freak Docs said drugs kept it away." I told him. I started referring to the assholes as Freak Docs since they were not real doctors. Not anymore.

My fathers phone rang. He looked annoyed but picked it up. "Are you fucking with me? Damn it, be there soon." He cussed.

My brothers were on their feet. "What's wrong?" My Uncle Rickey asked.

"Someone stole our gun shipments." He hissed. My brothers groaned.

Guess this was happening often. "Let's go." My father spoke grabbing a jacket.

"I'm coming." I spoke, attempting to stand up. They all scoffed.

"Like hell."
"Sit your ass down."
"No way."
"Not happening."

I groaned. "I am apart of this family. Hell, I am the mafia princess." I argued.

"Either way, you're hurt right now. You're body is still drowsy from the sedative. You're not coming." Connor spoke first.

I huffed. "Fine." I whispered clearly annoyed by being shut down.

"I am going to the kitchen." I told my mother as my the men walked out the door.

"I need to go pick your brother up from school. You okay here alone?" She asked.

"Won't be alone. She's got me." Kayla spoke before I could answer.

"I'm fine, mom. Go get Gray." I told her. And with that she left.

I hurried to the kitchen. I grabbed Oreos and sat on the bar. We could have maids but my mother likes to cook. But we do have someone to clean.

I was chomping into a Oreo when Kayla walked in. I looked at her for a moment.

My eyes wandered to her neck. Tears started to come to my eyes. She noticed.

"Stop. Don't cry. Not over this." She told me, waving to her neck.

"I hurt you." I mumbled kicking my feet.

"You didn't mean to. Not your fault this happened." She told me, but I still felt guilty. I shrugged.

She walked closer, pushing her body in between my legs. "It's not your fault." She spoke with so much force.

Just trying to get me to understand. I nodded. I picked up an Oreo.

"Want one?" I grinned. She laughed. She took it from me.

"What, no milk?" She questioned. I groaned.

"Silly me. Forgot." I laughed along with her. She grabbed the milk and poured a glass.

I dipped my cookie before she could. She glared at me. "Bitch." She mumbled.

"Jerk." I did it right back

A.N- sorry Supernatural reference. Had to

She smiled as we began eating a lot of Oreos. Talking about nothing and everything.

We were still talking when my mom and Gray walked in. I grinned.

I jumped off the counter and dropped to my knees. "Hey, little buddy, how was school?" I gushed, ruffling his hair. He moved from my touch annoyed.

"It was good. We drew picture of our families. I drew all of us and Uncle Rickey and Kay Kay." He told me in the adorable little voice he had.

"Did you? Can I see?" I asked. He laughed dams started digging in his bag. He handed me the picture.

There were little stick people. I laughed. "It's beautiful, Grayson. Who knew you were such an artist." I laughed.

I handed it off to mom so she could see it. "Sissy, can we go play at the park?" He asked. I looked up to my mom.

She looked to be considering it. "Fine, but take a guard with you." She told me and just as I was about to ask where to find one. 1 walked in.

"Oh my gosh. What are you a ninja?" I gasped. Freaking weirdo.

I grabbed Grayson's hand. "I'm coming!" Kayla announced grabbing her bag.

"Go with Kay to the car. I'll be right there." I told Grayson. They walked out the door.

I ran to where I knew medical was. I snuck in. I grabbed my chart where they put what drugs they gave me.

Then I grabbed all of them.