Chapter 10

The door finally opens. It's not Kai. It's Winter. She comes in and brings me out onto the floor in the basement. My eyes adjust to the light as my stomach growls from hunger. I have no clue how long it's been since I was in there.

"Emma your ok." She says as she lays my head into her lap.

"How long." I mumbled out. My mouth was dry and I felt dehydrated.

"It's been almost 3 days. Two and a half really." She said

I covered my burning eyes from the light still having to adjust. "Why"

"You pissed him off. I thought what you said was funny but Kai has no sense of humor. You just need to be careful of what you say around him."

I nodded. She went upstairs for a few moments while I laid on the floor. I was asleep most of the time I was in the closet. There was nothing I wanted less then to be awake. She came back with a bowl of soup and some bread along with a bottle of water.

"I'll start you off with this. Then I'll get you some more."

I sat up against the wall having my soup and taking a piece of bread. Then we heard the front door shut.

"Shit." Winter said scrambling thinking of what to do.

"Am I not supposed to be out here." I said

"No. He's gonna kill me."

Kai started walking down the stairs slowly as I avoided eye contact with him.

"Winter. Go upstairs. I'll deal with you later." He said in a deep voice

Winter ran up the stairs leaving me alone. I put the soup and bread down starting to stand up. As he walked over he knocked me down so I was back on the floor, he got on his knees and looked me dead in the eyes forcing me to make eye contact.

"You aren't supposed to be out here. I was gonna leave you in there for another week. Winter chickened out. Now Stand up."

I stood up as he did as well. He reached over to the couch and threw my clothes at me.

"Put them on."

I quickly slid the clothes over me. He got up close to my face. I could feel his breath and see every pore on his face.

"You listen. You see what you did? Do you see what you said and what the consequences were?"

"Yes." I whispered

"Yes what?"

"Yes. Divine Ruler." I said breaking eye contact

He pulled my eyes up to his and brought our lips together. He kissed me but I didn't return the passion he put into it.

"Go upstairs. The women will teach you how to cook."

I started walking up the stairs

"GO!" He said yelling

I ran up to the stairs and as soon as I entered the rest of the house where everyone else was they all looked at me. Like I was some type of monster they've never seen before. I walked to the kitchen seeing that's where all the women were.

"Surprised to see me." I said standing behind them

"That's the attitude that got you into that mess Emma. I recommend shutting up before you get hurt...Again." Beverly said

I wanted to hit her so bad. She was right but I wasn't ready to hear the truth yet. I watched as Beverly, Winter and the same lady with brown hair who I saw at Kai's rally cook and cut up the vegetables.

"Are you Ally?" I said

She turned around and gave a slight smile "Yes. Did Kai tell you?"

"No. I saw you at the rally. And I saw your name on the news."

She nodded her head then turned back around to continue what she was doing. I went to turn around to walk away when I bumped into Kai.

"Where are you going?" He said

"To the bathroom." I said continuing to walk away. He placed a hand on my shoulder and turned me around.

"Ask for my permission."

"May I go to the bathroom?"

"What else?"

I sighed "May I go to the bathroom Divine Ruler?"

He smiled "Of course" then he kissed me on the head

I walked to the hallway trying to remember where the bathroom was from the last time I was here. Before I went in I heard talking from the kitchen.

"Kai you need to leave her alone. Or go easy on her for right now" Winter said

"No Winter. She's going through the same stuff we went through. It's only fair." Beverly said

"Your right. I need to go easier on her." He then walked away and I stepped into the bathroom shutting the door.

I sat in there for a little while trying to collect my thoughts. When I left the bathroom Kai stood outside the door.

"You know eavesdropping is a sin don't you?" He said

"Is it? I don't remember reading that in the bible." I smile trying to walk past him

He grabs my shoulders and presses down into them very firmly.

"Listen you little slut I will NOT have anyone talk back to me. You will not give me an attitude or disobey me or YOU WILL BE PUNISHED. Do you understand?" He said putting the most pressing onto my shoulders he could

"Yes Divine Ruler." As soon as I said it he let go leading me to fall onto the floor. He walked away and went into the room with the two flowers on the door. All I smelled was the worst odor I've smelt in my life.

Beverly turned the corner and helped me up. She whispered into my ear.

"If it helps not talking will get you into less trouble." She said walking away.

I went back to the kitchen where just Ally was. I started chopping up peppers and watermelon.

"Do you know what day it is?" I said

"Monday." She said not looking up

"I have to call in for work." I said looking around for a phone

"You already did." She said

"No I didn't."

She put down the knife she was chopping with and looked at me. "Kai technically called for you. He woke you up yesterday and made you say that you weren't gonna be in the next few days or something like that." She turned around and started cutting the food again

I just helped her. I wasn't ready to fight anymore. It was only gonna get me in more trouble then I was already in.

At dinner time Kai said I wasn't ready to eat with everyone else so I ate in the basement by myself. About an hour after I was finished he came down.

"Come on let's go to bed." He said leading me to his room

I wanted so desperately to go home but I wasn't pushing his buttons. He got undressed and laid in his bed. I laid next to him avoiding making contact but he pulled me in so my head was in his chest and his arms were wrapped around mine.

He whispered "I love you."

"I love you too Divine Ruler." I said as tears started to fill my eyes.

I was never getting out of here.
____________________________________
Please lmk if you enjoyed this chapter I tried to make it a little more interesting