𝟎𝟖

chapter eight

chapter eight.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

THE START OF DECEMBER BROUGHT AN IMMENSE AMOUNT OF JOY TO HOGWARTS, not only because of the holiday season quickly approaching, but simply due to the fact that the ground was almost always covered in white dust.

Freya had always loved the snow, even though she would argue fall was the superior season. She thought it made studying and schoolwork ten times more doable, considering she just had to glance out of her dormitory window to be in a winter wonderland.

"Freya!" James exclaimed, running to catch up to her in the hallway after their Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson.

Freya turned her head to meet his gaze, noticing he was slightly out of breath from running through the hall.

"Yes, James?" Freya asked, laughing slightly at how flustered he looked.

"Come outside with me. We're gonna make snowmen now that class is over and we need to beat Sirius and Remus." James rushed out, a small smile on his face at the thought of defeating his two friends.

"Can't, sorry. I told Marlene and Lily I would meet them in the common room to study." Freya replied simply, continuing to walk down the hall in the direction of the Gryffindor common room.

"What? No, please! Peter is studying with them, too, which means I have no partner." James explained, grabbing Freya's wrist gently and turning her around so she would stop walking. "Do it for me." He added, watching as Freya smiled softly, sighing out quietly.

"Fine." Freya replied, earning a large grin from James, who grabbed her hand, interlocking their fingers.

James led Freya down the hall, weaving in and out of students, nearly knocking a few down with the speed he was running at.

Freya laughed at James' excitement, trailing behind him until they reached the courtyard, where Remus and Sirius were standing, shivering as they waited for their friends to arrive.

"Wait, I thought Peter was your partner?" Sirius asked as they approached, glancing between James and Freya, who were trying to catch their breath from running so fast. He looked down at their interlocked hands, realizing James must have made up some excuse for Peter not to come so he could partner with Freya. He wasn't mad about it, but he was slightly upset James was allowing a girl to come in between their arranged plans.

"He couldn't make it, he's studying with Lily and Marlene in the common room." James replied, shrugging slightly as he looked at Sirius. "I didn't think you guys would have an issue with Freya coming instead." He added, slightly confused by Sirius' attitude.