chapter 10

This story is out of date and currently being reuploaded under the same title on my profile

This story is out of date and currently being reuploaded under the same title on my profile. Please read the new version! April 17, 2024

"GO!" She screams, blocking a bullet with her saber as it flies towards her, ordering Anakin to lead the children away.

She does a double take at him, wondering why he hasn't moved. Why his face is frozen in fear.

"ANAKIN!" Obi-Wan shouts, darting out of the Temple and grabbing a Youngling running past him. Hoisting the child into his arms, he turns to them. "I've got them, help her!"

He is shaken out of his paralysis, the life returns to his eyes, and he jumps forward towards the fire. Several battle droids march towards them and in the middle, a tall, slender woman is flying through the squad.

Circe tightens her grip on her lightsaber, shifting her weight uneasily as she waits, watching, for the right moment to attack. The woman, a bounty hunter by the looks of it, is well protected by the group of droids but Anakin is making quick work of them.

One more moment, she thinks, don't rush. Keep steady. Wait for the right time.

As soon as the woman has reached the final line of droids, Circe leaps forward, swinging her lightsaber around to destroy the few droids in her way, and take out the woman's weapons. She lands on the ground, shocked and confused. The bounty hunter has avoided her and moved forward, completely ignoring Circe's attack.

Anakin isn't so lucky. The hunter fires her blaster pistols at him and he dodges, slicing upwards to disarm her. She evades him easily, slinking back into the crowd of droids for cover.

Circe sits there, crouched low against the ground from her landing, and realizes that droids are walking right past her. Not a single gun pointed in her direction. From where she is, she can see the ship that brought them to the planet on top of the hill across the field. Obi-Wan and the group of children are fleeing back down the hill, a small group of droids forcing them away from the vessel.

She gets to her feet. If the droids are going to ignore her, she'll use it to her advantage.

It takes a few seconds to cross the field but she's by Obi-Wan's side before they reach the base of the hill. The children scream at the sound of every blaster going off, covering their ears and shrinking away from the droids. Some of them flee, others stand frozen in fear. Circe watches a droid raise its gun at one of them, and she slides across the muddied grass, deflecting the fire with her saber before pulling the child from the ground.

"Where do we go?" He asks, tears streaking his cheeks.

Circe can't answer. Does she send them back into the Temple to hide? If a single droid makes it past them, they'll have nowhere to run. But they're exposed in the open and the ship is not available anymore.

Who fires at children? She thinks in horror.

"Go, get your friends and go around the hill. Stay out of sight," She says, blocking another bullet from behind.