HMS Dreadnought and Her Sister Ship: Alternate

At last, the most awaited ship is already afloat. Her engines roaring, His Majesty's Ship prepares her first voyage. Her name, Dreadnought, the start of a new naval era, the era of bigger guns and thicker armor. HMS Dreadnought was huge, a size unheard of in the world of warships, with guns bigger than any guns in naval history.

Her fame will soon prove her name, she doesn't fear anything and she will claim victories one after another for the next decades. But this day, all of those were still dreams, of sailors, of captains, and of engineers. She was still fresh, her engines were roaring their first sounds, her turbines turning their first revolutions, her rudder angles its first turns, and her funnels puffing their first smokes.

Behind her was a ship still under construction, this ship will become the second Dreadnought, her name; HMS Dauntless. By the time she will enter the seas and oceans, her sister ship, HMS Dreadnought, will already have her first victory. She will join her sister ship on her first voyage and claim her first victory.

HMS Dreadnought will rest after her last victory and first loss, she will sink in the peak of this world's first great war taking along 1200 of her crew and rest forever in the bottom of her last battlefield. Her sister ship, HMS Dauntless, will rest in her birthplace after they have lost the war, claiming 12 victories and 3 losses.

These destinies of both revolutionary ships are still yet to happen. Today is the start of a new era, the era where HMS Dreadnought and HMS Dauntless will rule the oceans. Today, we enjoy the launch of this mighty ship and pray her our blessings. We shall follow her in her journey and soon the journey of her sister, as we bid her farewell in her first journey.

(This will not have a second part. It is only a short story.)