Part 1

As the taxi brought her into London, across the London Bridge, through Piccadilly Circus, and to her new flat, she breathed fresh air. Urine, smoke, feces, and numerous other smells. It was new. She got out of the cab, and trod on the cobblestone, and it was new. Outside of the cab, was better then Buckingham Palace. The tall decrepit Victorian era house, with its white paint peeling and bits of metal rusting, she saw the beauty. The tales it told, the stories sold in the walls. It was more beautiful then any palace in England. This is where she would call home. 

She took a deep breath and approached the door, pressed the doorbell only to realise it was broken, and then to knock on the door. She had recieved the keys in the post, and had emailed her new flatmates prior, but felt rude to barge in. 

A bright, bubbly, yet busy woman with gorgeous brown curls opened the door to greet her. 

"Hi! You must be Pepper! I'm Ellie," She said, ushering her in.  "I'll show you to your room, it's a pleasure to finally meet you in person! How's London treating you so far?" She said, leading her down the hallway. The wallpaper was old and tattered, and looked like it was from the fifties. Character. There was patches were the wallpaper had withered away, and left white walls behind them, which had been filled in with drawings and signatures; 'Oswald was here', 'Churchie 2013', 'Ellie Nichols hearts Jarrod'.  

"Not bad. The cabbie was nice." Pepper noticed a pair of mustard coloured chairs in this crook in the hallway. A small table only big enough for a magazine and two drinks, sat in between them. Tattered satin cushions sat on them. They finally met their destination at the end of the hallway, to an open doorway with a double bed, a wadrobe and chest of drawers in it. 

"That's good. Here's your room. Let me know if there's anything you need. Oh, and the bathroom's down the hall on the left." 

"Thanks." 

"I'll leave you too it." she said, closing the door behind her. 

Pepper took her shoes off and sat on the bed, tired from her journey but excited to be there. She looked around her room, in disbelief that this was all hers. She noticed the window next to her bed, and immediately climbed over to see her new everyday view. She paid an extra five pound a week to get this room, specifically for the window and its view. The rutting, beautiful Victorian Palace was on the corner, and so she got to see the traffic and people walk by, and see London's beautiful night life and busy daytime rushes. Busses, cabs, cars, people, dogs and cats walked on these cobblestone streets. She lent against her wall and stared out the window, her eyelids slowly closing as she fell into a state of bliss. 

She felt right at home.