Chapter 14

A year later

Today is my wedding day, I have been waiting for this day for the longest of times ever since Fisokuhle proposed. The past year has been busy, with lobola, and the traditional Zulu wedding. I am already his wife before our ancestors, and families, but I also wanted to wear the white dress and have my father walk me down the aisle. The make up lady did a wonderful job with my make up, I feel like a Disney princess, I look amazing even I wouldn't recognize myself. I am wearing a white ballgown with sleeves. 

There are silver crystals in the upper part of the dress and it sits perfectly in my boob area. I am wearing silver heels, I don't really get why I should wear heels these shoes are uncomfortable and its not like anyone will see the heels I am wearing with this dress but my mom convinced me and I had to practice wearing them a week prior the wedding.My hair is my natural hair styled in an updo, I love the hair because it highlights my eyes and cheek bones.

I am standing in front of the mirror admiring how I look, I look beautiful. My phone rings somewhere and I know my mom has it, she looks at the caller ID and she hands the phone to me. "Sthandwa sami I cant wait to see your pretty self walking down the aisle God forbid I don't cry. I just called to say I still want to marry I don't have cold feet." He says I laugh. "I am kidding I just missed your voice its been a long week without hearing your deep angelic voice. " He says. I can feel he is smirking right now. "You will hear me when I say my vows, and no my voice is amazing God created it for me to sing." I say. "You can't sing to save your life please." He says and I laugh at him. "Okay let me go I still love you." He says and hangs up.

I love this man, I didn't know it was this possible to love someone. "Stop blushing and come here so we can pray." My mom says. She leads the prayer with some woman I don't know, and I am praying that everything goes well and that this is the beginning of a new chapter that will bring me a lot of happiness, that I get to grow old with my husband, that our love grows stronger, that we remain standing in life difficulties and that we continue to love each other at our best and our worst and that we build each other up and help each other to be better people. I am praying that God gives us strength to raise our children and that the home we build should be warm for our children and most importantly I pray for success in our marriage. She closes the prayer.

I walk down the aisle with my dad by my side, everyone stands as I walk down the aisle. Sangweni is looking my way and he has this wide smile on his face. My hubby looks good in that black tuxedo. It fits his body perfectly. We get closer and I have been walking and my eyes are focused on the handsome groom whose eyes are focusing on me, we eventually get there I focus my eyes on my dad who kisses my check. "I cant believe I am giving you away to this man smiling like a clown." My dad whispers making me laugh. He goes on to shake Fisokuhles' hand and whispers something to him they stare at each other my dad then lets go of his hands and goes to sit down next to my mom who is blowing her nose, she is crying dramatic much?

Fisokuhle removes the veil I am wearing, he is now admiring me. The pastor starts talking I don't hear a word he is saying, I am just waiting for him to say we should say our vows. "Fisokuhle say your vows, you will follow Sanele." The pastor says. Sangweni looks deep in my eyes. "Sanele Zulu wanele in my heart there is no other thing that can replace the love I have for you. I am fulfilled with you in my life and I intend to spend the rest of my life with you. I promise to remain true and faithful to you, I promise to respect you always, I promise to stand by your side when the sunrises and I promise to be by your side when the sun sets. I want to see your smile 40/50 years from now. I want to watch the sun set with you when we are old and frail. So with this ring I promise to love you and love you some more." He says chuckling and I chuckle with him. He puts the ring in my finger, and a small tear falls and he wipes it with his hand.

"Fisokuhle Sangweni you have been patient with me, you have loved me even when I knew you shouldn't. You have shown me how to love, we walk together in love. I want us to grow in our love, I want to help you reach your goals, I want to be your support structure, I promise to love you, I promise to respect you, I promise to unconditional love, I promise you loyalty. I promise to continue making you laugh, It wont always be smooth sailing but I promise to sail with you through the roughest and strongest winds and waves. With this ring I promise to love you and love you some more." I say and we chuckle together again. I insert the ring the in his finger. He is teary eyed." I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Sangweni you may kiss." The pastor says.

I feel his soft lips crash into mine, and our lips dance to the rhythm of our bodies, it feels like his lips are watering my dry land where there was drought for years, it feels like a piece of me that was missing has been put back in its rightful place. All this feels natural and everything is in place. My soul is at peace with the person kissing me, I have no doubt in my heart that I am complete. He completes me.