Chapter 5

TRIGGER WARNING!!!!!! This chapter contains extremely graphic content, rape and other subject so if you plz read at ur own choice. Thank you.

Asher's POV:

With my heart thumping against my chest and the pain coursing through every centimetre of my body, I still run as much as I can, falling but I use the walls and lockers to support me just enough to get me bursting through the doors into the refreshing cold air. Without thinking, I let my feet guide me out of the school grounds and down streets after street in a blur.

I end up at the park gate, clutching my side and limping through the gate till I get to the open field, only then do I succumb to the pain. Falling onto my knees, then flat onto my back, I stare at the blue clear sky's of lies. I slowly catch my staggered breath and let all the pain fade away as I look up at the infinite blue that seems to carry on to no end, just still, plain, blue. Yet it seems like there are so many different shades and life in it. It's freezing cold yet I still feel the suns rays fill my face with warmth.

I lay there and accept the peace. I let a single tear drip down my face as I think about how stupid I feel. I thought he was different, I don't know why but I though he wasn't like them, wasn't violent. But today I was proven wrong. I guess they're all the same, in the end they're all just like Dad and Justin, so consumed with hate and rage and I'm sick of it. I wish so bad that he wasn't but I saw him, I saw him punch Justin in the face and I saw them fight for whatever reason and I can't deny that fact. No matter how much I wish I could.

I don't now how long I was stuck in my thoughts, but by the time I came back to face this cruel reality, the sun was starting to set and the sky was turning a beautiful orange hue. This is the beauty of the world I live for, the beauty I long to find in someone, I long to feel and touch it with my two hands. The beauty that was in my mum and I'd like to believe it's still in Zak through everything he's become and all he's suffered, he's still in there somewhere. As I stare at the sky, it slowly becomes darker and I try to saver the image of freedom in my mind once it's gone. And I see a face, I see his face.

I slowly drag my stiff body from the ground because the cold has now become extremely unbearable and the sky is now littered with the ever so faint sparkle of stars.

The house I'm supposed to call home comes into view and the bliss and peace I felt inside is slaughtered by my fear. I walk up the steps of the porch that creek under my weight. The house is quiet and the lights are off meaning no one is home right now. Answering the call of my stomach I slowly creep my way to the kitchen. Even though I know no one is home, the fear is almost painful in my veins, fear of what he might do if he ever found out I stole food from him. The last time I was caught, it didn't end well for me. I take small unnoticeable bits of food, leaving everything exactly how I found it. I take my granola bar and a few grapes and sit on the floor of the kitchen, my stomach not being very happy at the moment, and begging to eat what little food I can.

I finish my food and start to head to my room, but as soon as I get a single step up, the front door behind me is smashed opened, scaring me out of my mind. I whip my head around to see Dad come in with an unreadable expression on his face. He's followed by his right-hand man and another man stumbling while carrying Zack between them.

"Get him to throw up!", my dad snapped at them as they step into the house. They struggle under his weight and try to gently lay his limp body down but end up dropping him half way.

"Sir it's too late for that, it's already in his system. We have to call 911.", one of the men said as Zak's body jerked in all directions and white foam bubbles out of his mouth.