arts

Backstory for this character because yes

Azalea is a flower guardian, a human-like creature that is born to protect and care for nature. Minimalistic and naturalistic, these creatures live simplistic lives in tribal groups, and are often found within woodland areas. Flower guardians' existence is fueled by an ancient deity that rules the forests, and denial to protect nature will result in an exile from tribes, and misfortune will bestow the exiled person due to them angering their deity. Flower guardians have a low opinion of humans, who chop down their trees and destroy their homes for the purposes of expanding their society, one which the flower guardians disagree with due to its often non-naturalistic nature.

When dying or seriously injured, a flower guardian will experience an abrupt blossoming of flowers over the body or affected wound, known to them as "blooming". Upon death, a flower guardian will completely turn into flowers, their remaining bodies turning into soil, where a group of flowers will grow from their now soil body. Most flower guardians die of old age after many centuries of caring for the forest, but Azalea suffered a serious eye injury after some humans killed her entire tribe so they could loot their resources and attacked her, causing a serious eye injury that bloomed, replacing her right eye with a pink rose. Despite being blind in one eye, Azalea is still very much aware of her surroundings, and can sense when danger is ahead. Many years later, after much wandering and soul-searching, she happens across a small tribe of humans living in the forest that take her in and offer her a job to take care of the fruit trees situated nearby in exchange for immunity from other humans. Azalea gladly accepts this exchange, sensing that the humans are friendly while knowing that she is a pacifist and that it is against her morale to attack anyone she deems unsafe to be around.