misunderstanding (Nishinoya's POV)

"noya and kenma, you guys can stay here", kuroo adds as he walks out the door, followed by the rest of the group. i look to the boy who's on his phone, and he looks back up at me as the door clicks shut.

i looked over at the blond haired boy to see him staring back at me. i looked back down, thinking about the possibility of him actually being really nice. i've been judging him for no reason. i haven't even talked to him. maybe we could be friends?

all of that logic went out the window as soon as he opened his mouth.

"what's your deal?", he says in a snarky voice, glaring at me from where he's sitting. i'm completely taken aback, but i just slouch my shoulders and narrow my eyes at him. "what?", i say, making him repeat himself. "what is your deal! what do you want. how come you just suddenly show up out of no where?". i tilt my head, not understanding. this kid is a brat.

"are you not understanding? just... back of shoyo. okay? you get in the way". after he says this he rolls his eyes, fixing his gaze back to his phone. he does it in a tone that makes it quite obvious that he's bored talking to me. like i'm some annoying pest that he doesn't want here.

a long silence approaches before i finally break through the silence to shut down the blond.

"and what if i don't?". kenma takes a second before slowly looking up at me. his expression is a mixture of annoyance, shock, and doubt. he smirks at me, tilting his head. i try to stand my ground as i watch the boy stand up, making way towards me. he walks, keeping his hands in his pockets. as he approaches me face to face, he snickers a bit.

"you're really something", he laughs. his laugh fades as he's back to a serious face. he squints his eyes. "but your also nothing. i'd think shoyo would have SOME standards at least", he laughs before turning his back to me. i grip onto his arm, refusing to let him walk away from me.

"what are you talking about!", i shout. "your acting crazy", i yell pulling him back. he looks me up and down, ripping his arm from my grip. he towers over me, before backing up from me. "everyone else might be too stupid to notice, but i'm not. i know what your doing". i look at him in confusion, pressing my eyebrows together. he slams his hand down on the table next to us. "can you stop acting like i'm stupid! you like shoyo", he snaps.

my face immediately is painted with red as i try to deny it. i eventually come to terms with the situation and calm myself down, bringing down the redness in my cheeks. i step forward once again to the taller boy infront of me. "and so what if i do", i say calmly. kenma grits his teeth at me.

he steps forward at me, towering over me, causing me to fall backwards a bit, onto the bed behind me. "if this is a competition. i won't lose. i promise you that" he growls. we hear the door click as bokuto enters the room. "i forgot my keys!".

and and kenma both jerk our heads to look at him. i'm sat on the bed and kenma is hovering over me, hands on both sides of me. bokuto immediately covers his eyes "oh my god. um. i didn't know i'm sorry. uh. i'll leave you back to... uh". me and kenma both go red understanding what it looks like. "it's not what it looks like!" we both say in unison.

"no uh. ah. i'm sorry i didn't mean to interupt", bokuto says, still covering his eyes as he clips the door shut and walks back out. kenma immediately stands up, backing away from me. "now look what you did!" he shouts at me. we bicker back and forth before he finally backs off me for a while.

after around 45 minutes, kuroo, lev, shoyo, bokuto, and akaashi all flood back into the room. bokuto looks at us both, smirking at us. i really hope he didn't say anything. me and kenma both look at eachother, probably hoping the same thing.

hi i hope your enjoying the story. does anyone wanna buy me robux😭✋