Truth

Note from the author: This chapter is going to split point of views between Andrew and Amber. I will try to make an obvious distinction between them. This is also kind of a late warning, but if you're sensitive you may not want to read this story. There are going to be some touchy subjects addressed and portrayed in this story. Read at your own risk (there isn't gonna be like murder though, I only put the read at your own risk so that people won't come for me if something triggers them).

"Oh, my God." I say, waking up, naked, beside my ex, "No. No, no, no, no, no. This is bad. This is really, really bad."

Andrew jumped awake, "Woah, what's wrong?"

"I can't- I have to go. I have to go right now." I say, pulling on my clothes and walking out. What have I done? I'm married! I have a husband! I have a child! I just slept with my ex! Why? Why did I do that? Okay, I just have to go home and tell Jacob that I got pulled into surgery and I was exhausted after... right? Oh, god. What if he doesn't believe me? What if he asks me too many questions? What if I act weird? What if he does it again? No... that was only a few times. He's not gonna do it again. I'll just tell Jo tomorrow and ask her what she thinks...

At home

I walk in the door and see Jacob and Brayden on the couch. Brayden's first birthday is in two weeks, so spirits are high in the Karev-Anderson household... you could say. Jacob looked over at me, "I thought you were supposed to get home last night?"

"Well, you know, surgeon's schedules are crazy. I got to scrub in on an amazing surgery last night, but I was exhausted after so I just slept in an on-call room." More like slept with SOMEONE in an on-call room. God.

"Are you lying the me? You've been acting really off lately, and if you're cheating on me I'll-" Jacob threatened.

"I'm not! What makes you think that? God, Jacob. Seriously!" I say, I'm getting tired of his bullshit. I set my purse down on the table in the hall and go into the living room.

"Don't you yell at me." Jacob warned through gritted teeth, setting Brayden down and coming over to me.

"Jacob, I wasn't trying to. You know that. I just got upset."

"Why'd you get upset with me? I didn't do anything! Amber, you're always doing this! You get angry and yell at me! I love you and I don't want you to be angry with me!" He twisted it around on me. He's manipulating me. I know he's doing it, I just feed into his game every single time because I can't stop myself.

"I love you too." I say, fighting back tears and looking at the ground.

"Look at me."

"I don't- I don't want to. I just want some food." I know that fighting back isn't a good idea, but I have to stand up for myself somehow.

"I said look at me!" He said, grabbing my face and yanking it towards him, "I want you to mean it. So say it again."

"I love you." I say. I mean it this time. I love Jacob, no matter how messed up this marriage is.

"Good. Now shut up and go make some food before you give me a reason to make you cry." There it is. Those words. My dad said them to me, and now my husband...

At the hospital (Andrew's POV)

That was awesome. I was so freakin surprised when I saw her... oh, there's Jo. We've gotten a lot closer over the past few months. I gotta talk to her about this.

"Hey, Jo! You got a minute?"

"Yeah. What's up?" Jo asked as she put down her tablet. I took her away from the dense area of the fifth floor lobby.

"Okay, so remember last night when I saw my ex, Amber? You know the one from college that got matched here?"

"Yeah."

"So, I kind of like, jumped her in an on-call room which ended in sex."

"You WHAT?!"

"Woah, Jo. What's wrong? Is it so bad that I'm moving on from Meredith?"

"SHE'S MARRIED!" Jo yelled.

"What?! How do you know?" I say, raising my voice because I'm extremely freaked out.

"That's Amber."

"Uh, yeah... I know."

"Karev. Amber Karev." She spat. After she said that I remembered.... she's Alex's little sister. SHE'S KAREV'S LITTLE SISTER!!

"Oh shit. Oh my god. I forgot." I began to freak out.

"How do you just forget that Amber's last name is Karev?"

"I don't know!" By now we're both yelling. Nurses were looking over, then Link and Jackson came over.

"Is everything okay over here? And why are you guys talking about the last name Karev? Are you talking about Amber or Alex?" Link asked, walking over. He wasn't completely back to work yet, but he picked up a few shifts over the past couple days.

"You know about Amber too?" I ask Link.

"Yeah. Why?" Link asked. Now I'm even more stressed out.

"Did you know she was married?" I ask them both.

"No. But why?" They both say.

"See?" I say looking at Jo, "It really isn't that obvious! Especially when you don't change your name! Especially when you have full PPE on when you see each other! Especially when she's not wearing her ring when you-"

Jo cut me off, "You don't wanna say that part."

"Right."

Jackson and Link began to figure out what happened, "Wait so you two-" Jackson began.

"Jackson! Don't say it." Jo scolded.

Jackson laughed, "Oookay. I'm sOoOoO scared." He looked at Andrew, "You had sex with Amber, didn't you?"

Jo facepalmed, Link started laughing, and Andrew looked defeated, "Yeah... yeah we did."

"You didn't have to tell them that." Jo said.

"Yeah, well, I kinda already did." Andrew said while scratching his head.

At Amber's house

"How are Alex and Jo?" Jacob asked me. He's trying to make it seem normal. Like nothing happened earlier.

"Oh.... well, um... Alex wasn't there today, he's taking a couple days off for something... I can't remember what-" I quickly said before he cut me off.

"What are you hiding? Why are you lying to me?" Jacob asked as he got angrier and angrier.

"No! Why do you think I'm lying to you about this?" I ask.

"Because you have in the past and I can't trust you!" Jacob yelled.

"Well, you've hit me in the past but you've gotten me to trust you!" Right after those words came out of my mouth I instantly regretted it. He looked at me with pure anger and hatred in his eyes, then he hit me. Over, and over again until I just about threw up. I tried to fight it but couldn't. I tried to get him off but that just made him angrier. He left me lying on the kitchen floor, bruised and battered, our baby crying in his nursery because of all the commotion. Jacob went into his nursery, but I objected, "Don't- don't you dare... t-touch my s-son."

"This is my house, my wife, and my kid. I'm gonna do whatever the hell I want." Jacob said as he disappeared into Brayden's nursery.