Chapter 1

Rose Golde

Thomas Golde

Thomas Golde

Artemis Golde

Artemis Golde

2037 November 18th

2037 November 18th

Ocean waves crashed against my bedroom window as the golden boat swayed side to side. The seagulls squeaked loudly as their perilous alarm clock woke me up from my four hour sleep. Groaning with grotesque, I squinted my eyes as the harsh rays of the sun seeped into my sore eye sockets. A shadow stood gracefully at the end of my bed with a soft towel in it's arm. Blinking rapidly to adjust myself to the rude awakening of being temporarily blind, I smiled as I recognised the shadow.

"Isla! Morning, how are you?" I chirped with a sore throat.

"Very well, Madame Rose. The shower is set to the correct temperature so here is your towel. Let Olive know when you are ready then she will escort you to the dining room for breakfast." She spoke gracefully despite her distinguished Irish accent.

I nodded my head and lifted myself out of bed. She glided towards me and handed me my towel and whisked away. It's a shame she was artificial intelligence or we could be friends. Walking towards my bathroom, I opened my wardrobe and checked for the weather. Perfect. The weather would be perfect like every other day. The flowers would bloom in the winter and they would never die. The green trees would forever be protected. Women and men were equal. All lgbtq+ and races were accepted. Only one thing that wasn't perfect. Me.

My family is perfect. I'm the black sheep. They share emotions. I hide them from humans. My flaws are their perfection as my thorns are their desires to keep for themselves. For there's one thing that won't change us humans, how we are selfish and greedy for power.

Clicking on the keypad, I followed the rules for today that I must wear blue on Monday otherwise we get brainwashed by a therapist. Not literally but school has dress codes.

Shower thoughts are the best. They cleanse your mind and release all anger. Many murders have been plotted in this shower. To be extra with my blue dress code, I put blueberry shampoo conditioner and body wash on. Stepping out of the shower, I saw my pile of clothes on the closed toilet seat perfectly folded. Drying my hair, I stared into the mirror to look for my next daily superpower. Oh yeah I forgot to mention. I have this curse called 'Let's fuck up Rose's life by giving her a new superpower everyday so she can be a hero or some shit but really we just like fucking with depressed people so we made her even more depressed'.

Yeah now that you're all filled in let me get changed.

^ what I am wearing

^ what I am wearing. (Btw that is my account on fashion outfits on combyne)

Not going to lie I look like a bad ass. Brushing my teeth, I glared at the mirror. What will it be today? Looking for any words on my body, I spat out the foamy taste of blueberry mint. Yes, that is a thing. How? I ordered it off eBot.

Staring aggressively at my body, I almost gave up until I saw it. Supernatural creatures weren't allowed as they weren't superpowers but a different species. The signs usually come in words or tattoos. A pure green leaf with a plus sign on it sprouted out from my veins. The latin word underneath showed which was medala.

Healing, nice! Too bad I can't use it on anyone without exposing myself. Any complications within the Golde bloodline that are viewed as imperfect get modified. 

Applying the makeup and finishing my hair, I rushed upstairs to the dining room and sat down at the golden table with leather chairs. When I leave this floating mansion I will redecorate a cottage so it feels like a home rather than a hotel and close myself off from technology.

"Finally, you made it! We have great news!" My over enthusiastic mother exclaimed.

"You got a better sense of home decor style?" I smirked.

"Rose! A lady shouldn't talk like that! Act like your sister more and respect your elders." My father reprimanded.

"You both never age due to that serum! If anything I look older than you!" I argued back.

Their eyes twinkled with sparks of flames as their eyes twitched. They composed their anger and put on that same fake smile they always have.

The tension spanned out as pancakes were placed in front of us by the maids. I smiled at mine and said thank you. A fork clattered onto the table and the silence became deadly.

"Don't thank the bots, they are programmed to do what we say." My father spoke harshly.

"At least I am not blinded by the amount of money I have and realise manners is a human decency." I muttered back.

"ENOUGH! Young lady come here!" He barked.

He made me feel fear as his tone made me flinch. I furiously shook my head no. He sighed with frustration and scraped his chair along the glass laminated floor and began to stalk towards me. He turned me to face him and aimed to punch me. Putting my hands up to cover my face, I braced for impact. Thank fuck for healing powers. His force was so strong it made my hands hit my right eye. Ouch. That hurt. My head whipped round by the force and his ring left a bloody imprint on my hands. Never seen him violent before. He dusted off his immaculate golden suit and sat back down.

Feeling warm energy surge through my body, I ran outside to the pier. The recent event is making me emotional. My father went as far as to hit me today. He actually had the balls. My stinging eye healed in a matter of seconds but the gash wound on my hand took a few seconds longer. It's only 7.30am yet I already showed my power.