Chapter Twelve

Turtle's POV

    Moonraiser's gone insane from the thought of animus magic. She must have felt so separated from her siblings when she was younger, all these powers must have taken control of her.

    "There's a dragon outside." She snarled. I hid myself from view.

    Wait she can't read my mind. Thanks, skyfire. So who is she talking about? Wait a minute . . . were those . . . footsteps?

    "Hey Queen Glory!" Kinkajou said happily.

    Kinkajou, no!

    "Kinkajou, no!" Glory yelled as if reading my mind. Moonraiser growled and shot venom at the RainWing, who jumped aside. Kinkajou turned an angry shade of red. Moonraiser's eyes just glowed brighter.

    "I enchant this scroll," She said, picking up a history scroll. "To allow me to make dragons obey my every thought, and word, only, and ONLY if I want them to, as long as I keep it near me." The scroll glowed slightly pinkish gold before fading, and Moonraiser, with a smirk, picked up a pouch, put the scroll in it, wove the strings around her neck, and looked at Kinkajou.

    "RainWing. Both of you. Get out of my way and don't try stopping me. NightWing. You do the same. And Macaw, you can follow me if you wish." She said. Macaw looked at her with fear and shook his head.

    "I'm not going with you. Something is wrong with you and I can't stop that. I'd rather be on the good side than the bad side."

    "Very well." Moonraiser said. "Then you do the same as your parents. Get out of my way." But wait - did she whisper something else? Thinking I imagined it, I shook my head.

    I have to hide before she sees me and does the same. Animus magic, I need you.

    I picked up a stone that had been hanging around one of the walls. I enchant this rock to hide me from Moonraiser the Night-Rain hybrid, and release any thought of me. The stone glowed pinkish gold like Moonraiser's scroll and faded. I put it in a pouch and crept right in front of Moonraiser, but she had no reaction.

    I'm doing the same thing I did for when Darkstalker saw me, except this time Moonraiser didn't see me before I did anything. I realized. Well, better safe than sorry.

    "Now if you don't mind, oh that's right, you don't, I'll be heading off my own way, changing the world. But before I go . . . " Moonraiser picked up a small red stone which I recognized as a garnet.

    "I enchant Queen Glory of the RainWings and NightWings, along with Deathbringer of the NightWings to . . . . crack their necks the moment I say now."

    Glory's POV

    Something was screaming at me to move, to get away, to stop my daughter, but I couldn't obey. It was an animus spell she cast at me. I just stared at her.

    "I enchant Queen Glory of the RainWings and NightWings, along with Deathbringer of the NightWings to . . . crack their necks the moment I saw now." Moonraiser looked up from her garnet and spoke the word.

    "Now."