Chapter One

It was known throughout both of their schools that Brett and Eddy were best friends. Even though they went to different schools, they always showed up at the end of the day to meet up for bubble tea, or to practice violin at their respective houses. They were practically inseparable, outside of school especially. They even ceased to choose a seat at a restaurant that wasn't next to each other.

In addition to their own friendship, they established a group of friends in secondary school: Hyung, Toni, Sanna, Sophie, Eddy, and Brett; they would always hang out on weekends, and talk about and preform music for each other's evaluation or enjoyment. One of the many reasons why they liked each other so much was that they all understood what kind of criticism and compliments to give one another, to push them in the best way possible, and make sure they are on the right track, both musically and in personal life. 

One fateful night, at their favourite local bubble tea shop in Brisbane, the group was hanging out, talking about school and music, and the topic of crushes came up. As it usually was around the age of 14 or 15, the entire conversation started out very lighthearted and slightly awkward. Mostly the girls joined in while the boys sat on the side, perfectly fine not to talk about their feelings. 

"Well, who do you like then, Toni?" Sophie inquired at the straight-black-haired girl, who had been laughing at Sophie describing her ridiculous version of a dream guy. "You seem to think that my idea of a perfect guy is absurd. Describe yours!" Toni shook her head, still chuckling a little. Sophie pleaded jokingly, and soon enough the rest of the group joined in, a chorus of "Please"s and "Come on Toni"s soon coming to a forte in the somewhat empty store. "Fine, fine, I'll explain. The boy has to be tall," Toni started, receiving some quiet "ooh"s and "ahh"s as she went on. "I would prefer if he played an instrument. And me, being an Asian, must request an Asian as well, considering how my mom would react if a brought home a blonde Aussie." This received a round of laughs from the group, very sympathetic to her situation. 

Brett listened and laughed along, enjoying the conversation as each person went around, explaining impossible scenarios and ideal partners, trying his best to stay away from revealing himself. He hadn't told anyone that he was gay, and he wasn't planning to for a long time. He had convinced himself that it was just a phase, and what people like Eddy and Hyung saw in women was something that he would eventually see. 

"Ok, ok, your turn Hyung. What is your dream woman, huh? Lay it down, boy." Sanna jokingly asked.

Hyung turned red. It looked and sounded like he was at a loss for words. "Well, actually, about that. There's something that I've wanted to get off of my chest for a while to you guys, and I know that you'll support me. It's just taken a while for me to work up the courage to announce something like this." He pauses, contemplating and running through his head what the correct wording may be. Everyone around the table looked intently at him, waiting for something that seemed pretty heavy and serious, as Hyung was usually a joking person. "Um, so... I may or may not be... gay." 

Silence ensues. No one was expecting Hyung to say that, he had the most girlfriends out of anyone they knew, and he certainly was a macho man. "Wow!" Sophie piped up. "I'm so happy for you, and I'm glad you chose to tell us!" 

"Yeah, wow!"

"That's amazing!"

"Cool!"

"Well then, I guess the more correct question is, who is your ideal man, Hyung?" Eddy chirps, wiggling his eyebrows towards Hyung. Everyone laughed, and didn't expect Hyung to actually say anything. They began to converse again, congratulating Hyung and other topics ensuing.

"I suppose my ideal man would be someone like Brett." Hyung quietly said, drowned out in the sounds of their laughter. Not drowned out by everyone, though. There was one person looking at Hyung that hadn't said anything after the confession. It could be said that he was in shock. Brett never would have thought that someone out of their strict-mother and set-future group would be gay, especially not Hyung. So, when he read Hyung's lips, he almost passed out from surprise. 

"Woah, Brett, you ok?" Eddy said as he looks over at Brett, who was as white as a sheet, and so far lost in thought that he would have had no remote way to tell what was going on in conversation around him. Brett snapped out of it and muttered that he needed to use the bathroom, and slipped away. 

Brett stood in front of the mirror, asking himself what he should do with the new information that he had encountered that evening. Should I consider coming out to my friends? Would they know who I like? Would they ship me and Hyung? Should I like Hyung just because I have a vague feeling that he likes me back? His thoughts were overwhelming, and he splashed water onto his face multiple times in attempt to wake himself up from his deep thought. He was splashing more water onto his face as he heard the door open behind him. 

"Hey, Brett, you didn't seem to good out there. Just wanted to make sure you're - " Eddy started, but was cut off by Brett looking at him in the mirror with a face of pure dread. "Bro, what's going on?" Eddy rushed over and began to rub his hand on Brett's bent over back, just as Brett's mother did to comfort him when he was younger. 

"Yeah, man, I think I'm gonna be sick," Brett barely made out as he ran toward one of the stalls. He made it just before he hurled his previously consumed chocolate boba tea into the toilet. Eddy rushes to his side his paper towels, some dry and some wet, and starts to rub Brett's back again, as he continues to get sick. Brett takes a breath and weakly says, "Eddy, please stop rubbing my back." He knew that tonight isn't the right night to let all of his secrets out to the one person he's most worried about telling, and Eddy's hand touching his body in any way certainly was not going to help that. Eddy recedes, telling that there is something off between them. Brett abruptly stands up, cleaned up for the most part, and rushes out of the bathroom, proceeding to run home. He needed to do something about these overwhelming emotions, and he didn't need that to be a breakdown in a bubble tea shop.

He slams open the front door and runs up the stairs, collapsing into his bed after he roughly shuts his door, not wanting any more people than necessary to see him and the state he's in. After a couple of minutes of pondering, trying to come to a conclusion of the most life-changing moment of his life, he sits up, deciding to tell his parents. He knows that they will be supportive of him, as his cousin just came out last month, and they practically through a party in honor of some much-needed diversity in the family. He just needed someone to talk to, to tell him what to do in a situation where you love men. And not only does Brett love men, he also loves his best friend.

A/N: Thank you for reading! I kind of threw this together in 10 minutes (my preferred writing style) and I want to know what you guys think, and if I should continue this story. Please comment to let me know what you think! I'm open for criticism, compliments and everything in between. Just let me know what you think!

(Oh, also, btw, Sanna is the professional opera singer featured in some of twoset's videos, and Hyung is the professional cellist that has also been featured.)