18

A/N: I was supposed to plan out a better and longer chapter and publish it later, but they announced that colleges will be reopening for us here. Electronic gadgets aren't allowed at our college, so I'm trying my best to finish this before I leave as I don't know when I'll see my laptop or phone again. I'm writing each chapter in, like, ten minutes and half-asleep, so please ignore mistakes if there are any. I had a more interesting ending in mind, but with the deadline I have, I doubt I can end it the way I want it to.

"Hey," Taehyung shifted nervously from one foot to another. 

"Hi," you replied equally as timid. 

You both were fine online, but offline, it was pretty awkward. Currently, right outside the cafeteria, neither of you knew how to proceed. 

"Just kiss already," a voice said out of the blue, an arm slinging around Taehyung's shoulder.

"Jungkook."

"He finally found you. I was waiting forever," Jungkook exclaimed dramatically.

"I almost thought you told him," you said.

"Wait..." Taehyung looked between you two, "You knew?"

He pointed an accusatory finger at his friend.

"Haha," Jungkook laughed nervously, patting Taehyung's back, "I'll be with the guys. See you later, bro," he turned to look at you, "Keep it PG-13  or we won't be able to handle him after."

You blushed, a pout forming on your lips at his taunt as he left you two alone. Your eyes caught Sayuri's from a distance and you held up a hand to tell her to wait and not approach. Your eyes glanced up at Taehyung again. His dirty blonde hair fell into his eyes and he shook his head so it fell back into place. 

You didn't think such a simple action would be so attractive.

"I...uh...- be my girlfriend," he blurted out, shyly, averting your gaze. 

You sucked in a breath. You didn't expect him to ask so soon. 

"Can I .. think about it? I mean, I'd love to be with you, but I have a lot going on at the moment so..." you scratched your head.

"Sure," he nodded, a little relieved and equally nervous. 

"I better get going."

You glanced towards your  best friend, whose expression was unreadable. You did not like that indecisive face. It pushed you to think that what Jimin had said might be true. If she ever lied to Taehyung, why would she? You had to know. You didn't want your own best friend coming between you and him. 

It was an issue you had to resolve before accepting him.

"Wait," Taehyung called out as you were about to walk away. 

"What is i-"

He quickly kissed your cheek, pulling away with a red face and regarding your wide eyes. 

"Bye," he waved, turning on his heel and running away. 

"Ha," you breathed out in embarrassment, walking mechanically towards your friend. 

"What was that about?" she asked as soon as you reached her. 

"What was what?"

"The whole cafeteria was watching. Taehyung says he won't date anymore and now he's kissing you? Doesn't seem right to me," she replied skeptically. 

"Maybe he just wants to date me," you shot back confidently. 

It was meant to be playful, but you were also a little annoyed that Sayuri wasn't happy for you. Sure, she said that she thought Taehyung would hurt you, but she shouldn't be this snarky about it. You gauged her reaction and she didn't seem pleased, but she quickly masked it with a smile. You were uncertain of whether you imagined the frown. 

"You guys are dating now?" she asked. 

"Not yet," you shrugged, "But soon."

This time, you didn't miss the quick scowl on her face before it disappeared. Maybe you should trust Jimin.