in the forest (where our paths intertwined)

The first time Aguero has met someone without blue hair, pointy ears and a sharp, piercing blue gaze was when he ventured into the forbidden forest. 

 Blue eyes that know no pain or betrayal shone with innocence and amazement that only a five year old can have, excitement bubbling in the young elf as he escaped from the suffocating palace of Khuns, venturing into the forest that his family have forbidden him from entering. Though, he wont allow their rules suffocate him; he must establish his own rules and live his own way for that is the mind set of a leader. 

 He only grins as he stares at the looming trees, the formerly eye-piercing light of the sun being replaced with shadows as he continued walking on his short legs. The blue haired boy's waist-length hair flowed behind him, seemingly weightless as strands of braids adorned his free hair whilst a silvery hairpiece sat atop his head, gingerly placed with care as it looked like the thorns of a rose; beautiful and graceful, yet harmful and sharp. He was wearing pristine white robes that were embellished by blue crystals on the hems, topped with a blue piece of cloth wreathed around him making him all the more ethereal. 

Continuing on his little expedition in the forest, Aguero neared an area where a lake laid at rest, the crystalline water holding flourishing marine life reflects the sight of butterflies fluttering in the air, seemingly glowing in the darkness of this forest. 

 Aguero could only gasp as the butterflies swarmed to him, all of them glowing in a golden shine.  

"The butterflies like you!" A voice startled Aguero, one that was behind him. He turns around to see a brunette boy with golden eyes, said eyes shining much like the butterflies are. 

Amazement washed over Aguero's face as he looks over at the male; they look nothing like the people he was always surrounded with! 

 Aguero, being a direct descendant of King Edahn of the elves, have always been protected and sealed off; having to train and kept out of the public eye to see if he would be a perfect heir. In all of Aguero's five years of living, he has only seen family relatives that always had blue hair and blue eyes, so seeing someone with such differently striking features excited the boy.  

"O-oh. W-why are they shining?" The bluenette stutters, not quite understanding how to socialize properly yet. 

"Oh, papa says its because of me, but I don't really understand how!" The brunette cheerily says. He looks about the same age as Aguero. "Oh, and my name's Bam! Papa and mama says I'm like their little chestnut, so they call me that," He continues on, giggling and Aguero can understand the uncanny resemblance of the boy - Bam - and a chestnut. 

"I'm-" Aguero starts, but quickly halts as he remembers his father warning him to not trust someone easily, for he is a heir candidate and they might use that against him. So, since he has yet to be revealed to the public eye, he settles with giving Bam his given name instead of his family name. "I'm Aguero. Nice to meet you," 

"Nice to meet you too, Aguero! What's with your pointy ears? Are you preparing for Halloween? Also, what are you doing here? Usually, nobody would come here with me," The boy pouts but quickly brightens up. "But I'm glad you're here! I can finally have someone to talk to," 

Being bombarded with questions, Aguero feels his head spin - is this what socializing entails? If so, he'd much rather prefer to be cooped up in his room, his siblings tutoring him in royal etiquettes. Though, he does understand that being a prince comes hand-in-hand with socializing. 

The two spend the day in the forest, mostly Bam sharing stories and rambling while Aguero only adds comments or giggles at the other's enthusiasm. For a while, the young elf-king-to-be forgets about the pressures of his family and enjoys being a child of his age for a while. Bam shares his experiences in the forest; tells him of the different places he has ventured into, while Aguero offers knowledge he has learned out of books. The two enjoyed each other's presence, not noticing how much time has exactly passed.