Chapter 9

Timothy still had a blissful smile on his face when he climbed back up the bell tower. His mind was on the time he had just spent with Serena, and the moment she kissed his cheek. It felt like he had just woken up from a wonderful dream even though he knew it all happened. He wished the honey blonde woman could have stayed, but he knew it was the right thing to help her escape.

Timothy climbed over the railing to the balcony between the two towers and took out a moment to let out a happy sigh. He walked over to the bell tower and went inside to his room beneath the bells to find Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey standing on the other side, beaming. The hunchback only had a moment to react before the three Pokemon pounced on him, making him fall on his back as they cheered and laughed while hugging their friend.

"Way to go, Timothy!" Electchu shouted.

"You were magnificent!" Odyssey praised.

"I've never been so happy in my life!" Shockwave squealed.

"Hey, get off me, guys," Timothy said before the Pokemon let him go, and he stood up. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, pff, listen to him acting like he doesn't know," Odyssey said.

"Yeah, like he didn't just hit it off with his lady," Electchu said.

"My what?" Timothy asked.

"You're lady," Shockwave said. "We're talking about Serena. Yellow hair, easy on the eyes, her Pokemon partner is a Sylveon. Remember?"

"Boy, I do," Electchu said with a sly grin. "I may not have hit things off with that beauty, but our pal got things looking good for him. Way to go, lover boy!"

"Way to go, lover boy? I'm not a lover boy," Timothy said.

"Oh, don't be so modest, Timothy. She obviously has a thing for you," Shockwave said. "She enjoyed learning about you and your life up here, and you know it."

Timothy opened his mouth to speak before he looked away with his cheeks turning pink. He snapped out of his bashful thoughts and turned back to his friends with a serious look.

"Look, thank you all for the encouragement, but let's face facts here," he said. "I'm the ugliest person in all of Kalos, and she has a life out there where she's a part of a pagan religion, remember? It's obvious that I'm not her type."

"You don't know that," Odyssey said. "She didn't seem to have an issue with your looks while she was up here, and you said it yourself that she stood up for you at the festival. Why I bet, she cares so little about how you look that she would kiss you if she wanted to."

Timothy immediately flushed and turned his head away for a moment before looking at the Pokemon with a goofy smile. Electchu, Shockwave, and Odyssey were confused with how the hunchback looked at them until Shockwave's eyes widened, and it gasped loudly.

"Did she kiss you?!" It asked.

"On...the cheek," Timothy admitted.

The Pokemon looked at each other before they cheered again. Timothy's blush grew as his friends began dancing in a circle, hand in hand, as they sang, "Timothy's got a suitress! Timothy's got a suitress!" He walked away from the Pokemon, not wanting to say anything else that would further get their hopes up, and walked over to the rectangular window next to his table of carvings. Timothy rested his arms on the ledge and looked outside to see the moon had risen and was shining brightly above Lumiose City. He rested his chin on his arms and began to wonder if Serena and Sylveon made it to the Court of Miracles safely.