~Prologue~

A brown tabby cat's eyes glistened in the moonlight. StarClan was quiet that night, only the sound of swishing wind was present. Another figure appeared in the moonlight, and sat beside the brown feline.

"What's keeping you up at night, Maplestar?" the other cat asked in his deep growl. Maplestar just continued to stare into the endless night sky.

Through a slight bit of amusement she spoke, "I was always just a bit jealous, Copperstar. At how ThunderClan would have all of the prophecies. And, I was just contemplating how nice it was that a prophecy has been sent to RiverClan this time."

"By you?" asked Copperstar, his whiskers twitching with curiosity.

"Yes. The prophecy had come to me only a few moons after Troutstar died, and I became leader. It came to me in a dream, from Troutstar, saying it must be fulfilled before two more generations have passed on," Maplestar mewed, still staring off, but after that she turned to face Copperstar.

"What did the prophecy say? Was it very vague?" The ThunderClan leader hissed, questioningly. Maplestar shook her head.

"I do not know whether it was vague or clear, but I could hear it as clear as day, though that may make no effect. Troutstar spoke to me; 'When birds lose their wings and fish lose their fins, watch for a leaf of dew and a pool of splashes.' I did not understand it. I took my chances, though. I still remember how quickly I made Appleclaw's kit, Splashpool, into a warrior. Of course, she was apprenticed at six moons, but her assessment was earlier. She did well, no doubt. I would not have made her a warrior if she was not ready. That is when she became Splashpool. But she never seemed to know anything of a prophecy. And where was 'leaf of dew?' She was savaged by dogs, you know. Never had a mate. I knew there must be new ones. But just last sunrise, three kits were born to RiverClan. Splashkit, Dewkit, and Silverkit. Now, there was nothing of silver, but I can only assume Splashkit and Dewkit to be the leaf of dew and pool of splashes...."

"And you have never dealt with a prophecy before?" asked Copperstar.

"You could say that, but really, there must be no worry. I am sure these kits will turn out well. After all, they do have my blood." And with that she picked herself up and strode towards StarClan's river to rest, and watch over her prophesied kin.